Friday, July 31, 2015

July Favorites


You know the drill, gorgeous... another month that's about to end, another monthly favorites. :D

Just to give you a heads up, this month, I've been loving that Edward Cullen vibe so much. I've been trying to achieve that with the help of tons of highlights and sparkles. I've been also trying out some new skincare products. They're not necessarily new on the market but they're certainly new to me. Then, there have been some participants from the group of scents/fragrances, too. All in all, I think a have a good set of products from different categories.

Let me start with the makeup products, the once I use to achieve that crazy glow. First, I highlight my undereye area using this powder from Nichido. Everything from that brand is pretty affordable. The one that I have is in Pink Glow. Since it is indeed pink (the photo doesn't justify how pink it is) I feel like it also helps in terms of color correcting the darkness and dullness that I have there.


After that, I use a shimmery highlighter on places that need some extra oomph. My go to product for that is this ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance. It is marketed as a bronzing powder but I doubt if it actually works like that for anyone. Anyways, I'm sure you know how crazy affordable ELF is and if my memory serves me right, this was only a dollar when I purchased it. The sad thing though is that I'm not positive if this is still available since I can't find it on their official website anymore. Bummer!


Moving on, whenever I feel like changing things up and using a different highlighter, I use this MAC Pigment in Blonde's Gold. A little bit of this goes a very long way. Some people don't like pigments because they tend to be a bit messy, but that doesn't bother me at all. I also sometimes mix a bit of this with my body lotion. Hahaha. Is that too much? But I really enjoy doing that.


Now, onto the skincare stuff. This gel from Cococare doesn't only contain Vit. E but also Vit. A. Having said that, I believe this is a very effective antioxidant. I'm still pretty young but I do have some fine lines under my eyes so I've been able to test and see if this thing works and it does. Not miraculously or instantaneously, but it does work. It also evens out my skintone and diminishes acne marks or dark spots. However, I don't find this moisturizing enough so I still add a different moisturizer on top.


I almost forgot to mention but this is surprisingly light on the skin and nowhere near greasy at all, some things that you wouldn't typically expect from a gel. It is a bit tacky at first, though. The tackiness disappears quickly once it is fully absorbed and my skin absorbs this pretty fast, I'd say within a minute or two. Good stuff!

For the next skincare products, which are the Yadah PureGreen Toner and Emulsion, if you have yet to read my review and want to know my thoughts about them, please click here.


We're almost done. There are only two more left and they are the ones that have something to do with scents. This first one is a perfume stick from Etude House. I'm not the least bit fan of the name, which is MiniMe Ms. Lonely. I can't help it though, since I really love the scent of this one. This also lasts well on me. I'm not the best at describing scents so let's just not go there and just know that I really really really like this one. hahaha


Finally, the last one, this is the Scents & Style Essential Oil in Jasmin. I've yet to smell a real Jasmin so I'm not positive if this really smells like a real one. Whether it is or it isn't,  this still smells really good. It's not overwhelming and I just love it.


Those are my seven favorite products for the seventh month of the year. Yey! Nah. I actually cheated, I only counted the Yadah Products as one. Hahaha. Anyhow, that's it. Let's bid our farewell to July 2015 with a light heart and let's all have a wonderful August, my beautiful friends. :D Ciao! xo

PS: Did you spot the heart shaped thingy in one of the photos above? If you did, let me know on the comment section below. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment