Sunday, September 27, 2020

FARM TO FOLK SINGLE ESTATE DARK CHOCOLATE 65% WITH MANGO


I recently discovered the local brand Farm to Folk. They have a shop in Lazada. I went ahead and ordered a few items from them earlier this month. One of the products that I do have is the Farm to Folk Single Estate Dark Chocolate 65% with Mango.

What pulls me in to this brand, aside from them being local, is how they promote realness and simplicity. Their products are mostly, if not all, raw, organic, ethically-sourced, plant-based, gluten-free and non-gmo.


To give you a better picture, this product has only two ingredients: 100% raw cacao beans and organic coconut sugar. The list is provided under the nutrition facts.

If you want to know more about the brand, they do have an official website and also social media pages.


Focusing more on the product, a pack weighs 100 g and retails for 210 Php. Inside, there are 10 individually wrapped pieces.

I do like the outer packaging. The foil is of good quality and is resealable. I also appreciate how it lets you take a peek of what's inside. The important details are clearly stated on it, as well. I think the design is simple, yet well thought out. It looks nice and dignified. That's probably not the best word to describe a packaging, but I'm sure you know what I mean.


There's nothing on the gold foil wrapper. That small detail surely sticks to their values. They didn't feel the need to duplicate the information that they already provided in the first place. They chose to keep it simple and elegant.


Not only that, I find the shape of the chocolate itself elegant, too. It looks much better refrigerated, so kindly excuse the photo above.

It smells delightful and inviting to me. It does have the scent of cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder.

The consistency of this chocolate is light and smooth.
 
It has the usual dark chocolate taste, but is rather light and underwhelming. I like that it's not too sweet nor too bitter. It's right in the middle. Even the aftertaste is not that bitter. However, it's a bit lacking when it comes to richness and it's not that flavorful to me.

Also, the dried mango inside is probably too small or too thin. It gets easily overpowered by the dark chocolate. It's hard to grab a taste of it to the point that it seems nonexistent.

I honestly want to like this product so much. I think it's a promising one, but unfortunately, it lacks the punch. It's not bad per se, but I've tried better tasting dark chocolates.

This is the only Farm to Folk product that failed to impress me. The other ones are really good and must try's. I'll talk about them next time, so keep your eyes out for those blog entries.

Until then!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment