Sunday, July 7, 2013

What I Say: Fashion 21 Lip and Cheek Gel

     For most people who do not want to wear a lot of makeup, but prefer a more enhance features and a healthier, prettier and more blooming look, stains or tints are the go-to products.  These products tend to make the look more natural. They can also be easily used both on cheeks and lips. The best part is you do not have to reapply them often because they do last a pretty long amount of time.

     Long time before, I have been one of those people who prefer much simpler look and who love to use just one product. In this day and age, I still have those times when a lip and cheek tint is all I want to apply and so, I’m still on the hunt for some more products on that line to try, hoping I would enjoy and love them.

     Lately, I’ve been trying a lip and cheek stain/tint from Fashion 21 and I would like to share my thoughts about it. It is simply called Lip and Cheek Gel.

Fashion 21 Lip and Cheek Gel


     I got it from Landmark, Trinoma for 140 Php.


     If I remember it rightly, they have this lip and cheek gel in two colors, a more orange-y red and a pinky red, 1 and 2 respectively. I have mine in 2.


     It comes in a clear plastic tube with a pop-up cap. The brand name, product name, net weight, lot number and manufacturing date are all written in it. You just have to squeeze the tube to get some product.


     This is actually a lot of product. A little goes a really long way.


     This is how it looks when slightly blended.

     What I love about this product:
-it is pigmented
-it lasts long on the skin
-a little goes a long way
-there’s no overpowering scent
-it is very handy
-it is pretty affordable
-it is easy to squeeze and to control the amount of product you get
-It doesn’t break me out (I have a pretty normal skin type, btw)

     What I hate about it:
-it is so difficult to blend
-most of the times, it looks uneven, blotchy or streaky
-the writings in the tube fade off easily
-it is so hard to take off

     To wrap up everything, unfortunately, even though I love a lot of things about it, I would say that it didn’t work for me. I’ve been trying different ways to apply it but pretty much nothing works. *sigh* If only this would blend well on my skin, it will be one of my most loved products.

     Have you tried this lip and cheek gel? Does it work for you? Do you have any tips for me to make it work? Or are there some stains/tints that you can recommend? Just comment down below and I would appreciate it so much. ;)

     Thank you for your time, beauties. Talk to you next time. Ciao! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. the shade looks great but it's unfortunate that it's so hard to blend. blending is very important with gels/tints, otherwise it will look really uneven. thanks alot for the helpful review! :)

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    Let's talk at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so true. :/ you're welcome dear. :) thanks to you too for stopping by. :D

      Delete