Friday, November 22, 2013

What I Say: NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses ^^,

Hello my loves! Happy Friday! I have something for you... Another review of some lip glosses! :D Surprisingly, these are not products from ELF. I guess I'm done with my ELF stuff and from now on I will be reviewing products from other brands. That's a good thing, right? Change is good. Anyhow, lets start and talk about NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses.


PRICE:
I got them from Pop Culture at Trinoma for 250 Php each.

CLAIMS:
Kiss me quick! Our signature Mega Shine Lip Gloss delivers shine, moisture and softness and envelops lips with glistening color. The finish is both creamy and steamy and ensures knockout glamour. Available in a variety of sinful shades.

They do deliver shine, moisture and softness. They envelop the lips with glistening color as well. It is also true that they have creamy and steamy (juicy) finish. Do they ensure knockout glamour? Well, I think they do. Lastly, they are really available in wide variety of color.    

PACKAGING:
At first, the packaging seems pretty normal and nothing special. They just come in tubes with a slightly slanted doe foot applicator almost just like the other lip glosses. But actually, they have the cutest packaging. They have little bows on top. Ain't that cute?




NET WEIGHT:
They contain 11 mL or 0.37 fl/oz. They contain quite a lot. They would surely last pretty long especially because a little bit goes a long way.

CONSISTENCY/FORMULA/TEXTURE:
They are very famous for their awesome pigmentation. They also don't feel sticky and they actually feel very luxurious, like a high end lip gloss. They have a velvety smooth texture and they have a lightweight, creamy consistency. They are very comfortable to wear and they are moisturizing as well.

INGREDIENTS:
INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

Out of the five shades that I have, Sweet Heart is the only one with Butylparaben and BHT. The rest have almost the same ingredients. 





SCENT:
They have a cherry candy scent that you'll either love or despise . 

LASTING POWER:
They last fairly long. I would say 2-4 hours.

COLOR SELECTION:
They do have a wide selection of colors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they come in 64 shades.

I currently have five shades.
top-bottom: Plush Red, African Queen, Dolly Pink, Tea Rose, Sweet Heart

top-bottom: Sweet Heart, Tea Rose, Dolly Pink, African Queen, Plush Red
bare lips for comparison
* Sweet Heart - a nude beige color with micro-shimmers


* Tea Rose - a medium pink without any shimmers
- the sheerest among the five that I have


* Dolly Pink - a barbie doll pink without any shimmers


* African Queen - a bright purple-pink duochrome with blue shimmers
- the most pigmented among the five that I own


* Plush Red - a classic red color without any shimmer


THE + SIDE:
+ highly pigmented
+ affordable
+ wide selection of colors
+ moisturizing and hydrating
+ lightweight
+ not sticky
+nice packaging
+ cruelty free products
+ contain a lot
+ stay on the lips for a long time
+ last long
+ shimmers are fine, definitely not anything near gritty
+ the slanted doe foot applicator applies the product smoothly, evenly, and easily
+ can easily be worn alone

THE - SIDE:
- smell like cherry candies (Personally I like the scent but I know a lot of other people don't)
- contain paraben

ON THE WHOLE:
Overall, I really like these lip glosses. I bet they are even on par with high-end ones. They are definitely worth trying. I know a lot of Youtube beauty gurus love them too. Marlena of Makeup Geek loves them, Ingrid/Missglamorazzi and Tanya/TanyaBurr loves the one in Beige. I would love to have some more and Beige, Natural and Garnet are on my list. 

That't it for my review. Have you tried these glosses? If yes, what do you think about them? Feel free to share on the comment section below. I still have a few more lip glosses to review. Let's talk again soon. Bye. xoxo   


4 comments:

  1. I have tried their round lipsticks with your reviews, I think I know what my next purchase will be - lipglosses. Can't wait to be off my shopping ban na!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've tried those, too, and they have such wonderful shades. Sadly, they don't last on me that long but I still might go buy some shades. haha. Tell me what you think after trying them. ;)

      Delete
  2. Not really a big fan of glosses (I'm not into the "mukhang bagong kain ng lechon" style he he he) but I really like the shade of plush red from here. :D

    Will wait for your other reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. I used to be not a fan of that style before as well. haha And yes, plush red is such a nice color. Thank you so much for following my reviews. :*

      Delete