Friday, July 19, 2013

What I Say: Watsons Lip Balm in Menthol

     Happy Friday sweethearts! Are you excited for the weekend? I sure am! But before that let’s focus on today first, do what we have to do and be productive. In my case, because I want to be productive, I’ll blog, and I'll be blogging about something nice. ;D

     Chapped lips are a big no-no. So, to protect our lips and keep it looking healthy and kissable, lip balms are there to save us. Today, I’ll be talking about a lip balm that might get your attention and spark your interest.

     I will be putting the spotlight now on Watsons Moisturising Lip Balm in Menthol.


     It comes in this packaging. Everything that you need to know is written at the back. Even the expiration date is clearly stated there.


     The product looks like this. It comes in a pot with a twist-off cap. Some people don’t prefer this type of balms because you have to dip your fingers and it seems unhygienic. You may use a lip brush if you wish so, or there are small spatulas that can also be used in this type of products. As for me, I prefer using my ring finger, but of course I always, always, always make sure that it is clean. ;)


    This is how the back looks like. It is great that the expiration date is also written here.


     Here is the look of the actual product. It is just a clear balm.


     I got it from, obviously, Watsons at SM North EDSA for only 40 Php. I am not sure though if it was on sale during that time or not. Sorry about that. ^^v Still, whether it was on sale or not, I’m pretty sure that it is inexpensive and less than a hundred. :D

     I actually grabbed this baby because it is menthol scented. I’m slightly addicted to mints and menthols. Who doesn’t love them? Those things are just so refreshing. They make me feel super clean. The cooling sensation is simply wonderful and makes me energetic and happy. Gladly, this precious little thing is truly refreshing just like any other mints and menthol and it also gives off that cooling sensation for a pretty long amount of time.

     I’ve read, too, that minty products slightly plumped your lips so that may add as a plus point. For those of you who love that kind of plumped, luscious smackers this might be the perfect balm for you.

     Let me now tackle one by one the things that I love about this baby. (:
-it contains a lot, 10 grams
-it would take forever for me to finish this up
-it moisturizes my lips well
-it makes my lips look slightly glossy and healthy
-I love the cooling sensation
-it is very small and handy
-it is very affordable
-it has a nice minty scent
-its expiration date is clearly written
-widely available

     Regarding what I don’t like,
-I’m not a fan of the sticker in front of the packaging. I’m just not crazy over it. It looks kinda boring to me. ^^v  That’s that, nothing else.

     Just to wrap up everything, I really like it, especially how it moisturizes, the refreshing feeling and the cooling sensation. Whether I’m going to repurchase, I’m not yet sure. As you see, it is a lot of product so I might get tired of it or it might bore me. Hahaha. Maybe after this balm, I’ll take a break from it and try some other ones before buying it again.

     That’s it my love. I hope you’re having a wonderful day. Let’s all have an exciting weekend! ;D Enjoy and have fun! Thanks for your precious time. I’ll talk to you again very soon. Ciao! xoxo

14 comments:

  1. i believe with the power of lip balms but I haven't tried menthol yet.
    thanks for dropping by my blog by the way!
    <3
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give it a shot. it feels so nice on the lips. :D anyways, you're welcome and thank you for visiting my blog, too. ^^,

      Delete
  2. i feel like you have a hug collection of lip balms ^^ in that case i envy you hehe. the packaging reminds me of body shop lip balms :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of have a huge collection of lip balms. they're actually my thing and I just cant stop myself from collecting, that's one of my guilty pleasures. haha

      Delete
  3. Cute! I love menthol scented things too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is. :D they're so nice and refreshing, right? ^^, thank you for stopping by, sweetie. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. hi, beauty. ^^, thank you for visiting my blog. :D I'll surely check out the giveaway on your blog.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this lip balm before but it seems good! Affordable and does the job :) Great review! Following you!! Hope you follow back :)

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sweetie! :D I'll definitely follow you back. ^^, let's keep in touch. :))

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. so true! :D thank you for stopping by, lovely. ^^,

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the great review I unfortunately constantly suffer from chapped lips.

    Jo

    Peonies and American Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome. :D oh, you might need a heavy moisturizer for your lips and you should drink lots of water it will help a lot. ^^,

      Delete