Saturday, November 23, 2013

What I Say: Fashion 21 Color Shine Liquid Lipstick ^^,

Hello my loves! Missed me? Haha. Kidding! Moving on, I'm here to review another lip glosses and once again they are from a local brand. Like the first local lip gloss that I reviewed (here) they are also from Fashion 21. Well, if ELF is my go-to international cosmetics brand, Fashion 21 is my go-to local drugstore makeup brand. And if ELF has a lip gloss that is a liquid-lipstick wannabe (here) fashion 21 has, too. They are the so called Fashion 21 Color Shine Liquid lipstick. 


PRICE:
I got mine from Landmark, Trinoma for only 55 Php each.


CLAIMS:
soft, color-rich liquid lipstick

Well, they do feel soft and smooth. In terms of being color-rich, I don't think they are that rich.

PACKAGING:
They come in just the usual lip gloss tube packaging and they have brush applicators.



NET WEIGHT:
They contain 4 g. and that's quite a lot. 

CONSISTENCY/FORMULA/TEXTURE:
First of all they have decent pigmentation. They are not super pigmented but there are colors in them. They definitely don't look like just a clear gloss. Next is they actually have a thin consistency and feel very lightweight. They are not sticky at all. Lastly, they do feel smooth and the shimmers are not gritty. I actually expected that the ones with shimmer would have chunks of gritty glitters since they are very cheap, fortunately, I'm wrong.

INGREDIENTS:
Ingredients: Polybutene, Paraffinum Liquidium, Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide
May Contain: D&C Red 7 (Cl 15850), D&C Red 6 (Cl 15850), Yellow Iron Oxide (Cl 77492), Black Iron Oxide (Cl 77499), D&C Red 27 (Cl 45410)


SCENT:
They smell like medicines but not that bad or overpowering. The scent disappears once applied.

LASTING POWER:
They stay just okay. Probably 1 - 2.5 hours.

COLOR SELECTION:
They have a fairly good variety of shades. They come in 12 shades. 

I have three in numbers 3,5 and 10. 


top-bottom: 5, 3, 10

bare lips for comparison

* 5 - a light pink with silver and pink micro-shimmers





* 3 - a plain red without any shimmers




* 10 - a rosy pink with peach shimmers
(this one looks really nice in person :D)




THE + SIDE:
+ decent pigmentation
+ very affordable 
+ decent color selection
+ not sticky
+ feel smooth on the lips
+ lightweight
+not drying
+ contain good amount of product
+ paraben-free (not in the list of ingredients)

THE - SIDE:
- weird scent
- misleading name

ON THE WHOLE:
Even though there is nothing special about these lip glosses that are liquid-lipsticks wannabe and even they are definitely not a must-have, I still think they are okay. If you are in a very tight budget or still a student these glosses are good enough and they will work just fine. They are not crappy at all. 

I hope this review helps you in any way. I'll talk to you again soon. We're not yet done talking about glosses. Until next time. Bye! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment