Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What I Say: Purederm Skin Soothing Moisture Mask


I've had this mask for a pretty long time. If my memory serves me right, I think I even included it in a haul ages ago. It's fine since as long as it's not yet opened, it can be stored for three years after the manufacturing date. The manufacturing date is clearly stated at the back. Once opened though, it can only last for six months.




It contains 50 g or 1.76 fl oz which may not seem a lot. However, you only need a small amount whenever you use it. With that said, it can last for a long time. I have used mine a couple of times (4 times on my whole face and around 10 times on just the eye area) but there's still a lot left.


Purederm products are available at Watsons. I got this particular mask for less than a hundred. It's definitely very affordable.

The packaging is not the most luxurious but it's nice enough and convenient considering the price. It is just a sachet but with a quite unique shape that let it stand. It also has a screw cap.


Onto the product itself, it is a translucent gel with a greenish tint and a bit of a texture. It is not rough, it just has the texture of a raw Aloe Vera and also the feel of it, which is a bit sticky. It doesn't have the thickest consistency but I also don't consider it to be extremely thin. It also has a mild scent which doesn't bother me at all, considering that I'm now a lot more sensitive when it comes to fragrance.


Other than the fragrance, which even though mild might still bother some, it also has parabens in it. However, on the positive side, it also contains good stuff such as Aloe, Olive Oil, Rosemary, and Chamomile. Here's the complete list of ingredients:


Let me now talk about the most important stuff, which is my experience with it and how well it performs.

Around 3 months ago, I used this once a week, on my whole face. That time, I actually just felt neutral about it. I mean, it's not bad, it didn't broke me out. It actually made my skin feel fresh. The thing was I didn't find it hydrating or moisturizing enough, considering it's a moisture mask. I gave it four chances back then, but I was just getting the same results over and over again. It's not drying but not moisturizing enough for my liking.

Last July 30, I decided to give it another go. This time, I've been using it every single day, but not on my whole face because my face no longer needs extra moisture. I've only been using it on the area under my eyes since it has become extremely dry due to reasons I don't know.

It's actually stated to avoid the eyes (and the lips) while applying the mask, so, what I've been doing is putting it a bit farther, somewhere under my lower lid.


Fortunately, it's been working. It has been working a whole lot better compared to the last time. The key is to use it everyday or maybe just more frequently than once a week.

My under eye area is no longer super dry. It is actually a bit plumper these days. That particular area also feels extra soft and smooth. I think it looks healthier and more luminous.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is a holy grail or a must have product, but it is definitely a good one. It performs pretty much everything that's stated on the packaging. If you need extra moisture and don't mind adding another step in your everyday routine then it's not a bad idea to try this one out.

I hope you find this review helpful. I'll talk to you again later. Bye! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment