Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What I Say: Coastal Scents African Cocoa Butter


I'm trying to be more conscious about the things that I put both in and on my body. With that said, I've been trying tons of natural, organic and cruelty-free stuff lately. Knowing myself though, I'm positive that I can't completely ditch products with synthetic and strong chemical ingredients just yet. There are still many of them that intrigue and interest me. Right now, my goal is simply to make sure that I'm using more natural stuff. One that I've been using and loving for different purposes is this African Cocoa Butter from Coastal Scents.

Most, if not all, natural products from Coastal Scents are produced by Fairtrade standards. They are made with quality ingredients. By purchasing them, you also get to help the people of Ghana.

At first, I was actually having a hard time choosing between shea and cocoa butter. They just seem so similar to me. They have the same use and purpose and I think they are equally good for the body. What ended up as the deal breaker for me back when I bought it was just the scent. According to reviews, shea butter has an organic scent while the cocoa one smells like chocolate. It does and the scent lingers for a while. That's one thing that I love about it.

The other thing that makes me so inlove with it, is how it makes my skin feel. It makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. I can easily tell that it is nourished, moisturized and hydrated. It also leaves my skin a bit shiny and glowy.


By the way, I mostly use this as a body moisturizer but I also sometimes use it as an eye cream, a lip balm, a face moisturizer and a hair treatment. I don't mix it with anything else. I also don't heat it up using a microwave. I just warm it up by rubbing my hands.

I shared some with my mom and nanay and they both love it as well. My mom mixes it with her body lotion from St. Ives while nanay mixes it with coconut oil that she uses all over her body.

I  personally don't find it sticky or greasy but it is a pretty thick and heavy moisturizer. A little bit goes a really long way. It doesn't sink in immediately but that doesn't bother me. Keep in mind that I'm a bit used to natural oils, butters and the likes.

This is available in 16 oz for $14.95. For more information, click here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment