Sunday, February 26, 2017

Robinson's At Home Candles in Green Tea & Cucumber Sorbette and Chocolate Souffle


I'm currently on a scent spree. That's why when I went to Robinson's last week, I couldn't help but go to their Department Store to check out their home fragrance aisle. Lo and behold, the aisle was full of candles, incense, diffusers, melts and fragrance oil of different brands, types, sizes, colors, and fragrances. There were other stuff, too, such as warmers, burners, candle containers and decorations. It was wonderful. I thought I was in heaven.

The experience was honestly a bit overwhelming. Thankfully, I was able to take control of myself and settle for five items; two candles, two boxes of incense and a fragrance oil. 

Let's talk about the candles first. 


They have a wide assortment of scents from the usual ones like vanilla, rose, lavender, citronella to unique pieces like sparkling rain, silver rain, and country spice. I personally chose Green Tea & Cucumber Sorbette and Chocolate Souffle. As you may have noticed, I'm pretty big into gourmet scents more than anything else. 

The Green Tea & Cucumber Sorbette candle smells like cucumber ice cream. It's sweet, light, cool and refreshing. I don't smell the green tea that much. The Chocolate Souffle makes me think of rich milk chocolate ice cream. It is much better when lit because it smells a little too sweet for me when not.
  
Their candles are also available in a variety of shapes and sizes. The ones that I have are in the shape of regular candles and in the smallest size that they offer. These ones are meant to last for 25 hours while their biggest, I think, are for 80 hours. Don't quote me on that one. 

Back to their longevity, my first candle, the Green Tea & Cucumber Sorbette one, actually even surpassed the 25 hours. I was burning it for four days; 1st day – 6 hrs, 2nd day - 8 hrs, 3rd day around 7 hrs and 4th day – around 6 hrs. For the Chocolate Souffle, I'm still currently burning it, but it looks like it would last pretty much the same with the other one.


The ones that I have cost 89.75 Php each which I think isn't bad due to number of reasons.



As you can see in the preceding photos, they do melt nicely and evenly. To ensure that, you have to trim the wick each time the candle completely cools down. In honesty, to trim it, I simply flick the burnt end with my fingers and it works, no scissors needed. ;D


If you don't trim the wick, there's a big chance that the flame would dance wildly. Other than the dancing flame, it would also start to produce dark smoke. Fortunately, the dark smoke doesn't come with a burnt scent. Still, keep the wick trimming in mind to keep the flame and other things under control. It's very important.


Quality-wise, these candles are clean burning, again, as long as the wick is always in check. They smell so good yet not overwhelming and heady. Even unlit, you can easily catch their strong scents. Once lit, they would mildly fill the whole room with their scent. 

In regards to the previous statement, I think they don't disperse and circulate around that much that's why they only leave a light scent all over the room and stronger scent in the corner where they are placed. I believe they will work better in a small room or maybe use multiple candles at once or choose their bigger counterpart, as I have mentioned earlier they come in different sizes and the ones featured here are in the smallest. 

I wouldn't say that they're the best candles/home fragrance that I've tried but they are definitely not bad considering their longevity, quality, and wide variety of scents, sizes and prices. I'm very glad to have tried them. I think they're fun to have, try and play with from time to time. I can even see myself trying out different ones from their line again in the future. 

Have you tried these candles? What are your thoughts about them? If not, which brand of home fragrances do you like best? Comment down below. I can't wait to discover and try other ones.   

No comments:

Post a Comment