Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Robinson's Fragrance Oil in Japanese Cherry Blossom


Here's the fragrance oil that I mentioned in my previous post.

I got the 15mL bottle for 89.75 Php which is the same price for the candles. 


Unlike the candles, I don't remember the Robinson's fragrance oil coming in different sizes, forms and prices, just assortment of scents. I shouldn't forget to mention that it's a wiiiddddeeeee assortment of scents.


I chose Japanese Cherry Blossom. The one that they had as the tester smelled so good to me and even reminded me of the scent of Bath & Body Works body lotion in the same scent name. If you've read my old post about that one, you would know how much I adore that scent. It's divine. I'd say that it's the perfect Japanese Cherry Blossom scent for me. 

I really thought that this one would be able to beat that or at least be on par with that one. Alas, the bottle I have here doesn't quite reach my expectations. It smells a bit different to me than their tester. Maybe, it's because I was smelling a lot of home fragrances that day. Maybe, the scent differ from bottle to bottle. Maybe, the tester mixed with other ones. I'm not positive.


Anyways, my bottle does not really smell bad. It is still along the same line. It has the usual scent of Japanese Cherry Blossom but much powdery with a tinge of bitterness.

First of all, I'm not really a big fan of powdery scents. I can handle a tiny bit of powderiness. But a little more than that is already a bit off putting to me. That's just not my thing. 

Secondly, the lotion from Bath & Body Works has a lot more sweetness to it and smells more youthful than this one. I do have my rare days for a bit more mature scents and that's when I'm planning to use this.

Once again, it's not bad. I know some people who prefer powdery scents. Wrong scent choice for me. I would have definitely enjoyed their fragrance oil a lot more if I didn't make that mistake.

The thing that I love the most about their oil is that its scent circulates nicely and evenly in the air and around the whole room. Sometimes, I can even smell it outside of my room depending on how much oil I put to the burner.

The scent also lingers for a good while and disappears slowly.

It burns cleanly without any dark smoke and other foul scent.

If you have a thing for mixing and matching, it mixes easily and nicely with other oils, even those from different brands.


By the way, the fragrance oil is made in France and assembled in China. I'm a big fan of oils and fragrances from France. I have this thinking that when it is from France then it's automatically of good quality. That may be a little weird, right? Since that's not always the case. It's just that my mind works in mysterious ways. xD  


Moving on to its container, I honestly like the box and even the simple writings on it. The writings are only of important details and nothing else. What I don't like is the bottle itself and how it opens. It leaks a little bit from time to time. I always keep it standing upright and I'm pretty sure that it's not broken. I think the problem is with its cap or opening. It's the type of cap that you have to keep pushing while twisting. I prefer bottles with dropper.

Other than that, my only issue is that it evaporates rather quickly. It evaporates faster than any of my oils from different brands. I have to use around eight drops each time when using this, while I only add one to three drops when using my other oils.


All in all, Robinson's fragrance oil is pretty average. It's far from being bad but still a bit lacking in some ways. I'll give them more chance and try other scents to see how they work and to check the consistency of their products.     

If you're interested in their fragrance oil, choose your scent wisely. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment