Friday, February 17, 2017

Scentchips Haul + Review


Belated Happy Valentine's Day my loves!! 

Speaking of Valentine's, last week, February 8 to be exact, I went to SM Pampanga and Scentchips was having a Valentine's promo. I got everything that I have here for only 999 Php which was a good bargain. You'll see why as we go along. 

Their promo includes 2 packs of tea light candles, 2 sets of fragrance melt of your choice and lastly a candle burner also of your choice.


A pack of tealight candles contains ten pieces each and costs 99.75 Php (without the promo). Compared to other tea lights in the market, their price is a bit on the expensive side. 


What I like the most about Scentchips Ecolite though is that they are organic. They burn cleanly without any foul scent and dark smoke. With these candles, the flame is always controlled and never flickers. However, don't expect them to “last 8 times longer than ordinary tealight candles”. They do last a bit longer but nowhere near 8 times. They're good for 4-5 hours.


I think the strongest point of Scentchips is their wide assortment of fragrances that you can mix and match. I really had a fun time deciding which ones to try. For my first set, I actually have their Starbux blend; coffee (dark brown), vanilla (white), crème brulee (light brown). For the second one, I just have bamboo (green) and mango papaya (red orange). 



I hope you're not confused because I decided to separate some of my melts. Actually, a set equals to a bag, hence I  have 2 bags there, the white one and the red one. In each bag, you can decide to mix up to 4 different fragrances. You can go for a single scent or choose to create your own blend or the ones that they already have prepared. You can check out their prepared blends here on their website or simply ask the assistant. By the way, I'm not positive if I remember it correctly but I think each bag costs 299 Php without the promo. But if you want 2 sets, even without the Valentine's promo, you''ll get it for 500 Php.

They recommend to burn 3 melts at a time and to keep on reheating the melt as long as it still has its scent. Honestly, you can do whatever you want and experiment depending on your preference, burner and place. I tried burning just one and it turned out fine and gave off a faint scent all over my bedroom. If you want a stronger scent you'll just have to add more and melt it longer. The scent lingers for some time even after a candle is finished. 

You can actually not burn the chips and simply use them as potpourri and they will be enough and effective in small places. They will also last for two to five years. But if you want a stronger smell and to use them in bigger places, it's better and more efficient if you burn them. You can do that by using either an electric warmer or a candle burner. Scentchips offers electric lamp warmers for around 1500 Php. They also have a variety of candle burners and that's the last thing included in the promo. 



The burner that I have here is the white Buddha one. If alone, it would cost 599.75 Php.

99.75 x 2 = 199.5
299 x 2 = 598 (500)
599.75
-------------------------
1397.25 (1299.25)

Due to the promo, I was able to save around 300 – 400 Php. Unfortunately, I don't know whether the promo is for the whole February or if it has already ended since it's been three days since Valentine's Day. If you're interested check it out asap. 

Personally, with or without the promo, I think Scentchips is worth it. I think it is one of the best brands that deal with fragrances and aroma. Their products are of high quality. The experience that their products bring are both wonderful & homey and exciting & playful.  I can't wait to try out other blends. To the people who are into aromatherapy, scents and all that, try Scentchips and know what I mean. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment