Friday, March 10, 2017

All About My Piercings

Let's prolong the home fragrance break a little bit. I feel like I haven't used them enough yet to talk about them.


Today, it's all about the piercings that I have. I only have a few. I used to have six, but something happened to my last one, so I'm now back to five.

Just like most people, the first ever piercings that I've got are my lobe piercings. I have one in each side. I was already a grade 1 student when my papa pierced them for me. He is a physician so I bet he perfectly knew what he was doing, no worries. 

I can still vividly remember everything. He used a needle and A FREAKING ROYAL BLUE THREAD. I wore looped threads for a week or two. Hahaha It was fine. No one even actually noticed. After that, I changed my earrings to normal studs that my papa got me. 

Thinking about it now, it didn't really hurt. My papa pierced my ears in a careful yet swift manner. Nevertheless, since I was only a kid that time, I remember being so nervous and overreacting. I was even holding on to my mama. Hahaha I was such a wimp. I was squirming a lot.

I was already in college when I started feeling the itch to get more piercings. Unfortunately, there was no piercing shop near my place back then and even in our province. I checked some malls but, at the time, they only offered normal lobe piercings. I don't want to ask papa to do it because I'm positive he won't agree. xD 

It was only last year, May 2016, when I finally found a shop here in our province that offers different ear piercings. It's Broadway Gems. It is located at the ground floor of Robinson's Galeria Victoria Mall in Balanga, Bataan.

At first, I wanted to get a cartilage piercing in my right ear but the piercer made me realized that it's not quite suitable for my ear shape. If I went for it, it would look a bit weird on me.


 I settled for two upper ear lobe piercings instead. I have them in my right ear. The woman used a piercing gun. It was really fast and I didn't feel any pain. However, my ears stayed red for a few hours.


The woman also used surgical steel studs. I chose these gold star earrings. I haven't gone to that shop recently, but during that time they had silver and gold surgical steel studs in different shapes and sizes. They cost 199 Php. That's the only amount that I paid for and there's no additional fee for the actual piercing.

I wasn't very diligent with cleaning and taking care of my upper lobe piercings so they took a while to heal. I also kept on changing and taking the earrings off because I was fixing some government ids (which don't allow any ear/face piercing) around that time. It was December last year when they finally fully healed.


A month after getting my upper lobe piercings, I decided to get a tragus piercing and a belly button piercing at the same time. I went to a real piercing shop that uses needle this time. I got them pierced at Tribal Ink/Skinworks which is located at the 2nd floor/3rd floor of the annex building of SM North EDSA. They do have a tattoo & piercing shop inside. A piercing costs 1000 Php and that includes the ring.

The guy piercing my tragus had a bit of a hard time because of the placement and also the size of it. It took a while but it still didn't hurt. As soon as he finished that one, he went on to pierced my navel. That one actually didn't hurt, too, but I was able to feel the needle going through my skin. It felt weird but there's no excruciating pain. I guess my pain tolerance is pretty high.

They didn't swell or get red that day. Those things happened days after, but they weren't that bad. There were also times when they felt itchy. My tragus even had a small bump at some point. Luckily, my piercings didn't get infected. There was no discharge, bleeding or aching.


However, after six months, my belly button piercing got rejected. There was no pain. It was just that the skin got thinner and thinner. How unfortunate. I'm still not sure if I will get it re-pierced in the future. I do want it, but there's big a chance that it will get rejected again. I already have a scar due to the first rejection, although I don't mind it that much, I still don't want it to get worse.


On the other hand, my tragus piercing is now fully healed. It took around six months. To be honest, I thought this piercing was the one that would end up rejected due to my small tragus. I'm glad that didn't happen.



It's quite addicting. I want to get more. I even feel the need to balance the number of my ear piercings. I'm actually eyeing a triple forward helix piercing in my left ear.  I'll definitely update you once I get on with it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment