Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Milcu Herbal Gugo Shampoos in Mountain Breeze and Ocean Breeze


Let's take a short break from all the home fragrance posts. 


My hair has always been naturally fine and straight. As you can see from the photos above, it also used to be really healthy and shiny. However, around a year or two ago, I got pretty much obsessed with dyeing my hair a lot and experimenting with different colors and even with different coloring brands. I even remember bleaching my hair two times in a single month at some point. 

Look at that mess! Hahaha
I thought of my hair as far from sensitive, so back then, I didn't really mind. For a while, I got to enjoy all those bleaching and coloring. I was crazy enough to think that I would always get away with those hair shenanigans. But alas, after a few months those deeds started catching up on me and taking a toll on my hair. It got damaged and became really dry and dull. Other than those issues, I also felt like the growth of my hair slowed down.

♪ ♫  If I were a boy... ♩ ♬
To make it up to my own hair and in an attempt to revive its life, I decided to cut all the colored part late last year. Fortunately, at that time, I was really looking forward to have a really short hair for a change. I've decided to keep its natural color and not dye it for as long as possible. 

Since then, I've been also trying my best to minimize heat and chemical usage on my hair. I've been taking care of it as natural as possible. I started using my mom's stuff. She has an assortment of shampoos because her hair is really stubborn. Her “collection” includes a couple of malunggay and gugo shampoos from different brands. That's where I got “my” first Milcu Herbal Gugo Shampoo in Mountain Breeze. I've been pretty impressed so before using it all up I bought another one in Ocean Breeze.


Milcu is a well loved brand in our family. Many of us have used/are using their powder and liquid deodorants. The brand is affordable yet extremely efficient. They work wonders. They are made in the Philippines and that makes me so proud. 

We got these shampoos from Vetafs but I think I saw them in other leading drugstores such as Mercury and Watson's. They cost 89/189 Php each. Can you tell how good I am at remembering prices? I guess I have to restart collecting receipts. xD


The bottles are simple yet presentable. They come with a flip up cap. I would have preferred a pump     but they do work just fine. Each bottle contains 200 ml of product.  


These shampoos are not really natural per se. They do contain sodium laureth sulfate and fragrance. Nonetheless, I still think that they are better and more natural than most shampoos in the market.


They do really smell differently. They both smell clean and remind me of a spa but the first one, Mountain Breeze, smells a lot heavier and sweeter. It's definitely not sweet in a teeny bopper way. It's a bit manly, deep and serious.


On the other hand Ocean Breeze smells a lot more refreshing and invigorating. It makes me feel cool and calm. I personally prefer it for that reason. Nevertheless, they both smell so good and their scents last for a good while.

Does anyone of you know how to read palms? xD
Aside from the scent, these two are completely identical. They do have the same consistency and color. Both of them lather up easily and a little goes a long way.


These shampoos have been doing a great job at bringing back my hair's vitality and vigor. They keep my hair healthy, soft and smooth. I don't even bother using conditioner anymore. 

That's not even the best part yet.

 I used to have a huge issue with split ends, breakage and fallout. I'm not even kidding. Our bathroom and my bedroom used to have tons of hair all around. It was crazy. Despite that, these shampoos managed to keep those headaches away. I believe they do a wonderful performance when it comes to strengthening one's hair. With their help, my hair started growing longer in its usual pace once again.

Excuse the quality of this photo xD 
These babies are my (hair's) life savior. I give them a big thumbs up and I definitely recommend them to you. Try them out and see their magic for yourself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment