Saturday, July 1, 2017

F&D | Lotte Milkis Carbonated Drinks in Classic and Strawberry


♩ ♪ ♫  The Only Exception ♫ ♬

It has been five years since I decided to give up soft drinks. I used to love them so much especially root beers, but still I've successfully managed to break free from all the sodas in the world... well, except Milkis. 

Why? I guess because it's composed of all the things that I love and once loved: soda, the brand "Lotte", milk, yoghurt and now even strawberries. I used to believe that there's no such thing as "perfect", but this drink makes me think otherwise.

First off, Milkis is produced by the popular brand Lotte. I love Lotte products. I like Toppo, Choco Pie and Pepero, while Blue Berry and Spout were my childhood favorites.

Milkis is said to be popular in South Korea. It even comes in many flavors such as classic/original, strawberry, mango, melon, banana, and orange. It is now widely available in many other countries, but so far, here in the Philippines, I think there are only two flavors available: classic and strawberry.

I got these drinks at 7-Eleven for 25 Php each. It's a bit less expensive now. If I remember correctly, its original or introductory price was 32 Php, then a few months ago they lowered it to 28 Php before lowering it again to 25 Php. Each can contains 250 mL of product.


See the photo above for the nutritional information. They both have a lot of sugar but they are actually not that sweet. I'll talk more about that later.


Here's the list of ingredients for the one in classic/original flavor.


The one in strawberry flavor has a little bit more ingredients.


The can container for Milkis is slimmer and a bit taller than the average or usual cans. It has a good quality. It is not very thin and extremely easy to crush. You can easily find the expiration date at the bottom of the can.


The classic one tastes like carbonated yoghurt. It is like a soda version of Yakult. It has a sour-sweet flavor, but not too sweet. It is also not milky, which is a bit of a bummer for me, but it's fine. It still tastes great. It smells a bit fruity or citrusy to me. It smells exactly like the soda Royal.


This one has the scent of strawberry milk. It reminds me of strawberry milk drinks from Cowhead and Arla. It also tastes like carbonated strawberry milk. It is milkier than the other one, but less Yakult-y or yogurt-y. It is not exactly sweet, but I find it a bit sweeter than the one in classic.

Chloe doesn't like this one. It tastes like medicine for her. However, I don't think so. I think it's delicious. I used to take a lot of Calpol in strawberry flavor when I was just a kid, so I know for sure that they don't taste the same. :P

They both have a thin, light, liquidy and very fizzy consistency. The color of the liquid of the classic one is in white, while the one in strawberry is in pink. The colors are actually not that opaque, but more like cloudy.

They are truly refreshing. No! I think the word "revitalizing" suits them better.
These sodas are cool, enjoyable and happy drinks. Try them for yourself and experience how such drinks evoke such feelings. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment