Friday, July 21, 2017

Battle of the Sunflower Oils | EB Naturals vs Human Nature


Which one is better?

As we all know, sunflower oil is a nonvolatile oil extracted from the seeds of sunflowers. Just like coconut oil, it is a miracle in a bottle. It can be used not only for cooking purposes due to its nutritional value, but also as a cosmetic product since it has multiple benefits.

In general, it can be used and applied directly all over the body. It is rich in Vitamin E, A, C and even D. Its composition and emollient properties make it ideal as a moisturizer. It doesn't only cure any type of dryness, it also heals and prevents acne and blemishes. Aside from that, it is also meant to fight premature aging and work as a sun protection.   

We'll talk about the performance and efficiency of the two sunflower oils featured here in a while. Let's go through the other details first.

Packaging



The EB Naturals Sunflower Oil contains 60 mL of product, while the Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil only has 50 mL. The packaging of the one from Human Nature is actually a bit slimmer and taller than the other.

When it comes to label, I think Human Nature's has a more professional and better quality feel, while the other has a simple yet homey vibe as if it's homemade which is not bad at all. I even think that it matches the natural essence of the product. 

Even so, overall, I still prefer Human Nature's packaging. 



The bottle of EB Naturals is a bit thinner and easier to squeeze, unlike the other one which is very sturdy. They both have pump caps. However, I would personally prefer a different top. I want something that would give a better control on the amount of product, like a dropper. I actually find that even half a pump of either of them is still a little too much for my face.

Price and Availability



I got the EB Naturals one at Robinson's Department Store for only 135 Php. It is available in almost all Ever Bilena stalls which can be found in leading department stores, supermarkets and even drugstores like Watson's and Mercury. The one from Human Nature is available on their website for 174.75 Php. It is also available in a 100 mL bottle for 299.75 Php. I personally bought mine at a kiosk in Robinson's Victoria Galeria for 175 Php. 

The EB Naturals Sunflower Oil contains more product and is definitely less expensive.

Ingredient




Both of them contain only one ingredient, which is of course sunflower seed oil. However, Human Nature also makes it clear that their beauty oil is made of premium cosmetic grade oil. I actually like that touch. It gives the consumers a secure and confident feeling that the product is indeed of high quality and therefore very safe to use. 

Anyway, they contain no harmful chemicals, whatsoever. They are both 100% natural and cruelty-free. 

Scent


They both have a faint sunflower scent, but EB's is weaker. None of them has a scent that lingers around for a long time.

Color


EB's color is a bit brighter and more yellow, while HN's is lighter and clearer.


Consistency


EB has a lighter and thinner consistency that drips faster than the other one. It is also less sticky and greasy. It gets absorbed so fast. 

HN, on the other hand, has a denser and thicker consistency. Nonetheless, it is still considerably light, especially compared to other oils such as coconut, olive, castor and almond. It seems oilier than EB, hence it's also a bit more sticky and greasy. It's fast absorbing but not as fast as EB. 

Claims



EB Naturals Sunflower Oil
- minimizes dark spots
- nourishes and conditions dry skin
- restores a youthful and vibrantly healthy skin


Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil
- visibly diminishes the appearance of dark spots, pimple marks and dark underarm
- helps soothe tender, irritated skin
- and so much more...

Expiration Date


Before I go on to their actual performance, I just want to mention that the expiration date of HN is found at the bottom of the bottle, while EB's expiration date is indicated on the label.



Performance

The Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil is the one that actually started my craze for sunflower oils. It is incredibly light and fast absorbing, so I don't have to wait hours and hours for it to dry, unlike with other oils. Despite that difference, it still has the benefits and efficiency of natural oil. It's highly effective at moisturizing and it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I haven't experienced any dryness ever since I started using this one. Take note that I use this all over, as in on my body, hair, face and even lips. Yes, it's a wonderful lip moisturizer. It makes my lips look plump and pinker. I love it! It also makes my hair look so healthy and shiny. To be specific, I use it as a hair serum or leave in conditioner. Try it! 

Aside from moisturizing and taking away any dryness or irritation, it also keeps acne and blemishes at bay, even body acne. This may be TMI, but I do get them sometimes, and this is one of the few things that soothe them.

It also works wonders on dark spots and marks. Those stuff will simply peel away after using this product. All in all, it does nourishes and revives the skin. It definitely gives the user a brighter and healthier complexion.

Human Nature does it again. There's no question why this product is one of their bestselling stuff. I'm soooo in love with it and the brand!

Moving on to EB Naturals, I honestly wasn't expecting much from it. I just wanted to try it back then. Lo and behold, it turned out to be pretty amazing. It is like the lighter version of the former. It works almost the same way as the other one. However, while I see HN working for people with almost any skin type: dry, normal, and oily, I think this one is more suitable for people with normal- very oily skin. Since it is lighter, it's not as heavy duty as HN when it comes to extreme dryness. With that said, I love using this one during extremely hot days and before applying makeup, unlike HN which is for colder and nighttime use.

To sum it up, both oils are awesome and effective. I like and enjoy their light difference. I see myself still using and repurchasing both in the future. 

If you're new to using oils for your skin, I suggest trying out EB Naturals Sunflower Oil first. It will help you adjust nicely. On the other hand, if you're big into using oil or you're suffering from too much dryness, definitely go for Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. 

1 comment: