Sunday, June 30, 2013

What I Say: Maybelline Blush Studio Cheeky Glow

     Hello, beauties! How are y’all doing? Today, I’m back with the usual things. This blog entry is going to be just like any other of my normal posts except now I’m going to share my thoughts about blushes, which is a first. Well, this would be my first proper review, but I already talked about some blushes on my June Makeup Haul.

     Going on, blush, as a matter of fact, is one of my most favourite makeup products. It makes people look more youthful, healthy and blooming. Who doesn’t want to look like that? Also, it gives the cheeks more definition and enhances one’s features.

     The specific blushes that I’m going to talk about today are Maybelline Blush Studio Cheeky Glow Blushes.

     They are powder blushes. They come in the usual compact packaging and they contain 7g each.

     I currently have two. The first one is in Peachy Sweetie and the other one in Wooden Rose.

L: Wooden Rose, R: Peachy Sweetie 

L: Wooden Rose, R: Peachy Sweetie
     Peachy Sweetie is more of a coral pink. It has silver shimmers in it. This would be perfect for everyone. I have to warn you though, this colour may get a little bit out of hand if you’re not careful. It really is pigmented.





one swipe
     Wooden rose is my favourite. It is light peachy pink with golden shimmers in it. It is just so gorgeous.  This would look amazing on someone with fair to medium skin tone. It is a light colour so it might look ashy on dark skin tone.



  

one swipe


     The things that I love about Cheeky Glow are:
- as stated in their packaging they have silky smooth texture
- they are not powdery or chalky at all
- they last pretty long, I say 4-6 hours
- they are pigmented but still controllable and buildable
- they are affordable at 199 Php
- they have a decent variety of colour
- they don’t have any weird scent
- they are non-comedogenic, perfect for those with sensitive skin
- they are very handy
- the shimmers are perfect and just enough to make someone look glowing and radiant
- they can provide a light, natural look if used lightly
- a little goes a long way  
- lastly, they contain a lot (7g) compared to others (mostly 4g)
    

     Things I hate about these blushes:
- they are pigmented, yes, I absolutely have a love and hate relationship with its pigmentation because it can get out of hand if you are not careful
- and other than the writings on the packaging that easily fade off, there’s absolutely nothing else


     To conclude everything, I really love these blushes. I just have to keep in mind to handle it lightly for a more natural look. How about you beauties, have you tried these blushes? What are your thoughts? Let me know down on the comment section. ;)

     Thanks for reading, until next time. Have a nice day lovelies. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i take a swatch on my fingers everytime i see these in watsons ^^ i just cant buy em atm bec i have other shopping priorities on my list. but im really drawn to it, it does look bouncy like its name haha. thanks for sharing your review and for pointing out that the packaging washes off in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it feels so crazy when one's shopping list just goes on and on, right? :D girl problems. haha. Nwys, they are definitely nice to have. :)) no problem, it's my pleasure. ^^,

      Delete