Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I Say: E.L.F.'s Lip Stain in Birthday Suit

     Good evening beauties! (: How’s your Wednesday going? I really hope that July is ending amazingly for you. :D

     Tonight I’ll be sharing my thoughts about a lip product from ELF. I personally like ELF because despite of being inexpensive, this makeup brand actually caters a lot of amazing products. Especially the products from their studio line, I believe they are mostly hits. The brushes from that line are so talked about. I’ve read a lot of good reviews, too, about their blushes and face powders.

     Going back to the core topic which is a lip product, I’ll be talking about ELF’s Lip Stain in Birthday Suit. Nice name! haha. Carrying on, everything you need to know is clearly written on the packaging. This one is also from their studio line.


     I got mine from Watsons for 249.75 Php.  


     This lip product comes with the lip stain on one end and a gloss on the other. They both have doe foot applicators which I much prefer rather than brush ones because those brushes that come with the lip products are usually kind of tacky or flimsy and most of the times they would just make the application streaky and uneven.


     The lip stain has a very matte finish but surprisingly it is not drying unlike other stains. What I like about this stain is you can actually build the colour up. Just keep in mind that let the first layer dry first for a few seconds before applying the next layers.


     Moving on to the other end, surprisingly I really love this clear gloss. I used to hate the clear gloss that comes with this type of lip products because most of them or most of what I’ve had before this one are not that good. They don’t look glossy, more like oily. That’s why I never used them. Luckily, when I tried this one, it is so much different, it is not so sticky and it is so moisturising. I can tell that the vitamin A and E that they included in the ingredients are working.


     Honestly, this specific colour, Birthday Suit which is a pink with a blue undertone, doesn’t suit me very well. I guess it’s just too cool toned for my warm complexion. But still, I love mixing this with other lip products. And the stain last for hours, I say five hours. I think that’s pretty long for a lip product especially when you talk, eat and drink a lot. I really like this lip stain and soon I’ll surely try out the other colours.


     Lastly, just be careful with this precious little thing and don’t forcefully twist each side. The packaging is not that great. I have ELF’s concealer in this packaging and the black part actually cracked.


     That’s it lovelies. Thanks for reading. Let’s talk again soon. Have a good night. ;) And tomorrow, let’s all welcome the month of August with a smile. :) Have a wonderful month ahead.

    Don’t forget to share your favourite lip stain on the comment section below. I would love to know. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried an ELF lip stain, but these look pretty pigmented! That color probably wouldn't work too well on my warm complexion too. But I'll definitely look into them! My favorite lip stains are the Kissable Balm Stains by Revlon. They're awesome! Nice review! xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they are pigmented. (: I also love Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain, I have one in cherish and honey and rendezvous are next on my list. :D I'm so glad you like my review. thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. Cool review! I've been meaning to try out E.L.F.'s lip stains, just haven't found the time to go to the mall hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paola!! :D You should definitely give them a try, they are quite nice. :)

      Delete