Sunday, November 24, 2013

What I Say: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss + Lip Combo of the Day 11/24/13

Hello my loves! Today, I'm going to review another lip gloss. But first let me ask you one thing. Are you tired of the same stuff over and over again? Well, if you are, worry no more for this would be the last one. Next on my list are lip plumpers, then we are gonna move on to concealers. Who's excited for that? Well, I am. I am very excited to share my thoughts about those stuff. Anyhow, let's finish this first. Presenting the star of my last lip gloss review (at least for the mean time) Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss.


AVAILABILITY:
Not widely available. This one is actually gifted to me by my aunt when she went home from the States a few months ago. Though, of course, you can always look for it online. Also, you can try and check out if it is available at Landmark, Trinoma.

CLAIMS:
Get delicious shine with shades that taste as good as they look.

Definitely does what it claims. 

PACKAGING:
It comes in a clear squeeze tube with a slanted tip. The packaging is similar to ELF Super Glossy Lip Shines' but thinner and taller. It also has a twist off silver cap that closes tightly. It is very handy to bring anywhere.


NET WEIGHT:
This baby contains a lot. It would surely last you for quite a long time. It has 13g/.46oz.

CONSISTENCY/FORMULA/TEXTURE:
First and foremost, this lip gloss has amazing taste and scent. I just can't get over that. It has a quite thick consistency and velvety smooth texture despite of having a lot of shimmers and sparkles. It is also surprisingly moisturizing and hydrating on the lips. Your lips will really get smooth and soft. It doesn't feel heavy. It also adds a very pleasant shine on the lips with just a tint of color. It is quite sticky but nothing intolerable. 

INGREDIENTS:
Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium, Huile Minerale), Petrolatum, Silica Silylate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Flavor (Aroma), Saccharin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, BHT, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool
May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 6/Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 27 Lake (Cl 45410), Iron Oxides, (Cl 77491/Cl 77492/Cl 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Carmine (Cl 75470), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090)

It seems to me like it doesn't contain any parabens.


SCENT:
It has a very nice and addicting sweet scent. Oh, and taste, too.

LASTING POWER:
It does last on the lips pretty long. It lasts up to 4 hours. 

COLOR SELECTION:
It comes in a lot, I mean A LOT, of shades with their corresponding scent and taste. They also tend to release new ones every now and then. I used to have Strawberry Fizz before but I lost it. I loved that one, too, especially its scent... hmm. Yum!

The shade that I have is in Always Blushing. It is a sheer pink with pink shimmers.


THE + SIDE:
+ Amazing scent and taste
+ comes in tons of shades
+ moisturizing and hydrating
+ stays long on the lips
+ very handy
+ lasts you quite a while
+ lightweight
+ paraben-free
+ adds a very nice shine
+ the shimmers are not gritty or chunky

THE - SIDE:
- not highly pigmented
- not locally available

ON THE WHOLE:
To sum it all up, if you are looking for a very moisturizing, fun lip gloss with addicting scent and taste that gives off a luxurious shine you gotta try this one. If you are one for pigmented lip glosses then this is clearly not for you.

Personally, I'm not so much of a fan of using it alone. Though I am so into using it over some lipsticks, just like what I did today. 

bare lips
worn alone
worn over Off-Beat Pink
worn over Off-Beat Pink
Lip Recipe:
* I applied Ever Bilena's Matte Lipstick in Off-Beat Pink all over my lips.
* To finish it off, I added Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Always Blushing.


That brings this post to an end. I hope you enjoyed and somewhat found it helpful. If you have any questions or comments just leave them down below. I'll talk to you again later. Bye! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment