Sunday, January 12, 2014

What I Say: Japonesque Professional Lash Curler

Hello, beauties! Today, I have a product review for you. This is my first ever review this year. :D< I'm pretty excited. I feel like it has been quite a while since the last time I have done a review. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this is a pretty good one. 

Since I'm on my eye lash phase I guess it is just appropriate to talk about something within its borders such as an eyelash curler, the Japonesque Professional Lash Curler to be exact. ;D

BACKGROUND:
I used to not know much about this brand so I've done my research. According to what I found: 
"Originally designed for makeup artists and inspired by kabuki theater, Japonesque (which means “Japanese in style”) tools were designed to support professional artistry and achieve elaborate effects. Their high-end brush bristles, wooden brush handles, compact lash-clamping designs and durable steel tweezers made it possible for the pros to create their desired looks effortlessly." (Read more: here

They also have their own website, japonesque.com. Overall, it is a brand considered as high-end, favoured by many professional make-up artists, and most known for their luxury makeup brushes. This brand is even approved by Lisa Eldridge, a professional makeup artist and YouTuber. (You should watch her videos. She has amazing and informative ones.) I first discovered this brand through Sineady Cady, another makeup artist and Youtuber. (She's lovely and will amaze you in less than five minutes.)   

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
I got mine from Beauty Bar the last time I went to Trinoma. It's worth 750 Php. Not many stores in the Philippines, even online ones, sell Japonesque products. So far, Beauty Bar is the only one I've found that sells this brand. You can check out their online page here.

DESCRIPTION:
"An essential tool for expert quality lashes, the JAPONESQUE® Professional Lash Curler is precision crafted with a wide- open cage, to curl lashes quickly and easily with a single squeeze. The sleek body is innovatively designed in durable plastic, while the soft, non-slip silicone pads ensure that the curler won’t pinch or pull. An extra pad is conveniently tucked inside the curler handle."

What I love the most about this curler is its unique structure and wide open cage. It perfectly curls even the inner and outer lashes. It is also indeed made of durable plastic. The silicone pads are very high quality. They will surely last a long time. I'm very positive that I don't have to replace the current pad I'm using anytime soon. I have already used this curler many times but there's is still no marks, indents or whatnot on the pad. 



Performance:
It took me some time to get the hang of it. But now that I've used it a lot, I'm very much happy with its performance. It curls my lashes just the way I want it. Surprisingly, given that I have stick straight and hard to curl lashes, the curls last all day.

natural lashes

curled

curled

curled
THE + SIDE:
+ gives that beautiful curls 
+ easily curls even short, stick straight lashes
+ very durable
+ the silicone pads will last a long time
+ has that unique structure
+ pretty small and easy to carry around
+ the extra pad is always tucked inside (perfect for emergencies)

THE - SIDE:
- not widely available
- can be a bit pricey
- takes a bit of practice

ON THE WHOLE:
I think it is great and I truly love it. I'm quite positive you'll love and enjoy it, too, especially if you have lashes that are short, stick straight, pointing downwards and hard to curl. But if you find it pricey for your liking worry not because I've already found something that is much more affordable and so far, I think, works just as great. The only difference is that my new discovery is from a mid range brand. If you're curious about that new discovery of mine and want to know a whole lot more about it just keep your eye out and I will make a post about it very soon. ;)


If you have tried this curler share your experience down on the comment section. ;D Thank you for your time. Bye! xo

2 comments:

  1. aha! so thats how it works haha, ive never seen something like it talaga, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it very unique, too. ^^, You're welcome. :D

      Delete