Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What I Say: ELF Corrective Concealer

Hi loves! I'm back and this time with a product review. Guess what, as usual it is once again from a very affordable brand and as you know it, one of my favorites, ELF. The thing though is that this specific product is definitely not a favorite from that brand. They do have tons of awesome products but this is just a let down for me. Not much beating around the bush there huh, pretty unusual right? xD

Going on, as you have already seen from the title it is the ELF Corrective Concealer. It has four shades; two color correctors in green to counteract redness and pink to help with darkness and dullness and two skintone concealer shades, the first one in leftmost matches me nicely while the other one in the rightmost is just a tad bit darker. (For reference, I'm nc25 in MAC)

bare
with the leftmost concealer
bare
with green corrector
bare
with green corrector

bare
with pink corrector
left-bare : right-with pink corrector
If I just let the photos above do the talking, you might think I'm crazy for not liking this product because it does seem to work. Not only that, it is also super cheap and the availability is great, you can easily purchase this anywhere ELF is sold and even online.

Another plus is the packaging, it is pretty nice and sleek. It also comes with a mirror and a brush which I probably would not use but hey, they are not that bad and it is still good to have them, just in case. 

It also gets a positive mark for the texture. It is very nice, it is thin, light, smooth, dry but still creamy enough and nowhere near greasy at all.

With longevity and how it performs with other products are where this thing goes downhill.

First of all, when adding anything on top of it, may it be another concealer or just any base makeup, the product just seems to disappear. There's no difference when I use concealer alone and when with one of the correctors under it. It easily moves and vanishes. Even if I try to use it all on its own so there wouldn't be any chance for something to move or interrupt it, it still disappears within an hour if not minutes. The longevity is just not there. To be fair though, you have to take note that I live in the Philippines, and it is hot here and that may be one of the reasons why this doesn't work for me. 

To conclude it all up, I'd personally just save up my money and look for something that will work and withstand the heat at the same time. Sadly, I have yet to know one that is phenomenal, both in terms of drugstore and high end. The high end ones I've tried crease a lot on me. If you know a great one, please do share. ;) That's it for this short review. I'll talk to you later. :*

No comments:

Post a Comment