Saturday, August 29, 2015

Secret-is-Out Saturday: The 10th Secret


Did you know that...

Vicks VapoRub has tons of other uses? It's definitely not just for colds. Among others, it can also be used for headaches. Headaches are commonly due to poor blood flow. Camphor, menthol and eucalyptus, which are all in Vicks, help open up the sinuses. With that, more oxygen can get into the bloodstream. Also, menthol is commonly obtained from peppermint which (according here) has vasoconstricting and vasodilating properties, meaning it helps to open and close blood vessels to control and promote circulation.


What I personally do is just rub some ointment on my temples and also on the upper part of my nape, somewhere below the hairline. In addition, I also inhale it and breathe deeply ten times. That ritual is a sure way to treat my headache and make me feel better.

Try it! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment