Friday, October 23, 2015

What I Say: Peter Thomas Roth Mini Mask Magic Kit


I guess I've been on a roll lately so for the third time in a row, ( Yes, you got it right!) I am once again reviewing a product that I've been absolutely loving these days. It is safe to say that I am now starting to enjoy doing these posts more rather than compiling them all with just brief reviews in monthly favorite posts. Maybe, I'll still do one from time to time. Nothing is certain. We'll  just see. ;D

Anyways, it's the Peter Thomas Roth Mini Mask Magic Kit. This set includes their most popular masks: Cucumber Gel Mask, Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask and Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. This specific kit is exclusive at Sephora and again I got to purchase it thru MakeupInboxPh, the site/place I shop from the most these days. That is the reason it has been mentioned a lot on my posts recently. I'm not affiliated with them or anything.


Moving on, this kit is worth $20. Each jar contains 0.5 fl. oz or 15 ml of product. That may not seem a lot but they actually last quite awhile. I have already used each of them 3-4 times and they are still a little bit more than halfway full. I've been using them once a week, the pumpkin one as a regular mask that has to be rinsed after a certain amount of time and the other two as sleeping masks which means I finish my nighttime skincare routine by adding a thin layer of either of them and sleeping with that on. The gel masks can also be used every single day for intensive treatment but I'm too lazy to do that and I don't think I really need that much of a treatment.


Now onto the packaging, there's nothing really special. They are housed in small plastic jars, nothing fancy or luxurious but efficient enough. There are some information written on the jars themselves.


Regarding the scents, they are all very inoffensive and I don't notice them lingering that long. The pumpkin mask has the strongest scent among the three and it smells like pumpkin pie. The rose mask smells like rose but not the heady or mature kind of scent. The last one, the cucumber mask has a fresh scent.


The two gel masks have a jelly texture that is very easy to spread or thin out. Since they are gels, they are pretty cooling but I still love keeping them in the fridge so that they are extra cooling and much better at depuffing. The pumpkin mask doesn't thin out as effortlessly as the first two. It actually has the texture of a pumpkin purée.

The list of all their ingredients is down below.


Let's now talk about them one by one, their supposed use and how they actually perform on my skin.

Let's start off with the Cucumber Gel Mask which claims to be an extreme detoxifying hydrator. It is supposed to be refreshing, cooling, moisturizing, calming and soothing.


In all actuality, this is my least favorite. I think it's far from being an extreme detoxifier. Detoxifying for me means cleansing, clearing and decongesting and this just doesn't work that way. Other than that, it performs the other stuff that's listed. It is very cooling and it refreshes the skin. It is moisturizing, though not as moisturizing as a moisture sheet mask. It can also be very soothing and calming especially for irritated or maybe sunburnt skin.

Next on the list is the Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask. It claims to help reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, regenerate, hydrate, brighten, firm and tone the skin.


Now, this one is my mom's favorite and I love it, too. She said that this one is awesome at reducing the appearance of pores which is one of her issues and I just can't agree more. It doesn't only reduce the appearance of pores but also fine lines. You know that I do have fine lines under my eyes. Now, I can't really testify about the wrinkles, we'll just see in the near future. It is also a bit more hydrating and moisturizing than the cucumber one. It brightens and lights up the face. I can also feel my skin tightening, firming and toning up whenever I use this treasure. I love!

Last but definitely not the least is this Pumpkin Enzyme Mask which is an enzymatic dermal resurfacer. It is a 3-in-1 intensive skin resurfacer treatment that exfoliates with pumpkin enzyme, peels with alpha hydroxy acid and polishes with aluminum oxide. It claims to reveal a smoother, radiant and revitalized skin.


This one is my absolute favorite. I adore multitasking products. This is not just a mask but also a physical and chemical exfoliator. Whenever I use this, I can actually feel it working since it tingles but it doesn't hurt or make my skin red. After using it, I can easily see and feel the difference. It makes my skin so soft and smooth. It also brightens and lights my face up, just like the rose one, making my skin look healthy, radiant and revitalized. It also makes my pores disappear. Lastly, it heals up blemishes without drying and making my skin peel.

None of them breaks me out or irritates my skin. I'm really glad I have them in my beauty arsenal and I extremely enjoy using them, especially the rose and pumpkin masks. After finishing all these masks, I plan on purchasing Andalou's 1000 Roses Rosewater Mask, Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask and also PTR's new Just Mask It Kit. If nothing satisfies me more or even just as much as the two, I'll definitely repurchase them in bigger jars. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment