Thursday, October 22, 2015

What I Say: Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash


Hello, my loves! I'm coming back at you yet again with another review... And guess what? It is also an awesome product that I've been truly loving lately.


I've been using this Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash for more than a month now. I discovered this product due to the line's high ratings and reviews on beautypedia. Luckily, it is available at drugstore.com and so I ordered a few items from the said line thru makeupinboxph.com which is an online shop that allows special orders and that you all know I'm obsessed with. For an amazing skincare line that I believe is pretty on par with high-end ones, their products are pretty affordable though not as cheap as other drugstore skincare lines. I got this specific product for $6.87 even though it's original price is $8.59. I noticed that Alpha Hydrox items are almost always on sale.


There's nothing much going on with the packaging and I actually have nothing against that. It is just simple and basic but not tacky and cheap. It makes me more at ease. Sometimes, when it comes to other products, I feel like you're paying for the packaging and/or the brand's name instead of the actual product or it seems like they focused a lot on promoting and beautifying the product more than assuring and improving its own efficiency or effectiveness. You get me, right? This doesn't give me that kind of vibes. The product itself is the one that's great. By the way, a bottle contains 6 fl. oz. or 177 ml. It will last you months and months, especially because a little bit goes a long way.


This product is free of oil, fragrance, alcohol and soap but still a little bit suds up really well. It leaves the skin feeling really clean yet not dry and tight and it also doesn't leave any weird film. You can easily tell that it does maintain the skin's moisture level. That's what I love the most about this face wash. It keeps my skin balanced and in proper condition so that it can totally absorb whatever I apply after washing and for those products to work effectively. I've learned that if your skin and your products are not at the right pH level, they won't actually work or react that great. Going on, it also removes makeup but not waterproof ones. I always use separate remover for those kinds of stuff.


This contains parabens, but they are somewhere near the bottom of the list which means it contains low amounts of those ingredients so I don't really mind. It also has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, but despite the name similarities, it is still different from Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

It actually claims to be clarifying, too. It does keep huge zits at bay which I used to have occasionally. I still get small bumps from time to time though, but I can live with that.


This cleanser is very gentle yet effective so I'm quite positive that this will work for most people with any skin type, maybe even those with sensitive skin. Researching about the ingredients, knowing what will trigger allergies and doing a patch test are always good ideas. ;)

If you've tried this product or planning to do so, share your experience in the comment section below.   xo

No comments:

Post a Comment