Thursday, January 21, 2016

Product Empties | Hits & Misses

I've been meaning to do this post since last month, just so I can start the year with a clean slate. But,
alas, it didn't happen. Now, even though it is a bit late, here's the list of the products that I've used up
and my thoughts about each of them, especially whether I would repurchase or not.



For a change, let's start off with the perfumes.

I've finished up two sample vials of Tommy Girl. I used to love this eau de cologne. It is a clean, sweet floral scent. Unfortunately, since it's just an edc, it didn't last long on me. It only lasted for two hours tops. Other than that, I also grew tired of the scent after a while. Obviously, I won't purchase a big bottle of this perfume. Nonetheless, it's a pretty scent and perfect for teens or maybe those young at heart.


Moving on, here's another perfume that is perfect for the younger market. It's Lovely in Pink by Sweet Honesty from Avon. It used to have a cover with the name and other stuff written on it but I ruined it. ^^v Anyways, I remember this one being a bit powdery. It is a decent scent but it's not "me", therefore I'll also skip this one.


I'm also done with a deluxe size of Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly. This one has a nice warmth in it but also musky. It's alluring and all, but also so not me and definitely not going to be repurchased. I'm still looking for my signature scent.


Let's now shift our focus to bodycare products.

The first one in the bodycare category is this Purederm Botanical Choice Intensive Repair Foot Mask. I was expecting for this foot mask to make my feet peel, but that didn't happen. All it did was make my feet softer and smoother for a day. That's not nearly enough for me, especially for an intensive treatment. This one is a disappointment, so I won't repurchase anymore, but I'll definitely try more foot masks from other brands.


The next one is definitely a big hit. I even made a post specifically for this product. If you want to read it, click here. It's Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion from Bath & Body Works. As I've said before, this has such an amazing, warm scent. It's very comforting. Not just that, it's also very hydrating and moisturizing. It has almost everything that you could ask for a body lotion. The only possible downside that I can see is that it's not all natural. This year I'm intending to use more natural products and minimize the amount of chemicals that I put both in and on my body. With that said, I'm  not quite sure if I'll repurchase. I think, if I end up not finding a natural product as good as this one then I'll go back to this. Honestly, though, I doubt that, but we'll see.


I was expecting the next one which is the Sugar Crush Body Buttercream from Soap & Glory to be a lot more moisturizing than the last one but actually it wasn't. Also, it smelled a bit like a PlayDoh on me. I guess, this is also the last time that I'd encounter this certain product.


We are now done with the body care stuff and off we go to the skincare/facial products.

I'm planning to do a whole review about this mask which is the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. This mask, I believe, is one of the best of Origins. Tons of people on YouTube also raved about it. I got the box of four pods from Sephora through MakeupinboxPh a month or two ago. Please keep your eyes out for the review. I'll also suggest a better alternative there. Yes, an alternative, because this one didn't wow me and I don't think it's exceptional. It's not going to be repuchased for sure.


Another one that will surely not be repurchased is the Charcoal Nose Pore Strip from Glamworks. I used to love the brand. Their products are very affordable and they also used to work great. I'm not positive if they reformulated their product or if  I'm just having a bad luck with the ones that I got. Anyways, the strips from the new box that I got didn't even stick properly on my nose. They kept moving around and of course didn't remove anything.


This Tony Moly Panda's Dream Eye Patch also belongs to the group that will not be repurchased. It did hydrate my eyes but that didn't even last until the morning after. It also didn't do anything with my fine lines and dark circles. It basically didn't do anything that a regular eye cream or just even a simple moisturizer couldn't possibly perform.


Most of these products are misses but I want to end the list with a big hit. This time it's for sure and this product is going to be repurchased without a doubt. It's the Alpha Beta Peel from Dr. Dennis Gross. This dried out my break outs and also made my a bit textured skin back then smooth. The makeup that I applied the morning after went on so effortlessly. This may be pricey but I think it's worth it. It's a great pick me up on not so good skin days and also a wonderful prep when there's a big  occasion coming.


It's finally time to throw things out. Adios, amigos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment