Sunday, January 31, 2016

What I Say: Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

When it comes to skincare, masks are my favorites. You name it, sheet masks, peel off masks, clay masks, eye masks, lip masks, foot masks, and any other masks, they all interest me. There's just something about mask that feels so luxurious and relaxing. A mask makes me feel as if I'm in a spa. With that said, I've actually tried quite a hefty number of masks. I've found some really amazing ones and luckily, I've yet to encounter one that totally sucks, but I've already tried some that are just so-so. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask is part of the latter.


I got mine two months ago from Sephora for $8. This box contains 4 pods with 5 mL each.


I actually get 2-3 uses from a pod which is not bad.


Here is the list of ingredients:


What I like the most about it, is that it's not formulated with the following:


It is also very easy to use. After a steam, I just apply it all over my face using an old foundation brush, wait for it to dry and wash it off. It actually dries up pretty quickly without making my face feel so dry, hard and tight. It only takes around seven minutes. It is also pretty easy to rinse off.

After rinsing it off, my face instantly feels a lot smoother, softer, fresher and cleaner. But that's just how far it goes. It doesn't actually "dissolve impurities and unclog pores". It doesn't pull out white heads/blackheads. Consequently, it also doesn't minimize the look of pores. Lastly, it doesn't dry out my acne. I think I need to spot treat my acne with it daily for it to work, but that's just too much work for me.


I've been using it regularly, once a week for two months now and that's just my experience with it. All in all, I honestly don't get the hype about this one. It's not bad but it's not worth the holy grail status for me. If you're looking for something cheaper and that works a lot better especially on clogged pores, breakouts and dull skin, I suggest Aztec Indian Healing Clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment