Thursday, January 26, 2017

What I Say: NU Skin AP24 Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste


I've mentioned this before in an older post from years ago, one of the things that used to bother me and make me feel insecure was my teeth. When I was a kid, my teeth used to be crooked, an overbite and also yellowish. In my late teenage years, I wore braces for around three years so they are no longer as bad as before. They're nowhere near perfect (still an overbite and not perfectly aligned since I stopped wearing retainers due to laziness T.T), but I'm already pretty satisfied with their form. For their color, I've been trying out and using different whitening tools; toothpastes, strips, mouthwash and even home remedies.


NU Skin AP24 is one of the toothpastes that I've already tried. I got it from a local store for around 200-400 Php. I can't remember the exact price. I'm sorry. 

I read tons of reviews before buying this one. It was higly rated by many reviewers so I was really excited back then.


Let's talk about the general stuff first. It's in a white tube with a flip up top and contains 110 g / 4 oz of product. The paste itself is white and creamy. It has a sweet minty scent though it doesn't taste that much. Honestly, I don't find it refreshing and minty enough, especially compared to other toothpastes, but it still gives off this clean feeling and freshness.


The expiration date is clearly marked on the top part of the tube.


Here's the list of ingredients.

It contains sodium monofluorophosphate which is a form of fluoride that strengthens and protects the enamel from bacteria. Take note that it is also written under the warning section. I have read in many articles that fluoride is actually quite toxic and not that good for the body. Sadly, it is still hard to find fluoride free toothpaste here in the Philippines.


Despite the ingredient and warning, it is stated that it can be used by those who are 2 years old and above.


It only has a few claims and I must say that I agree on all of them. Out of all the toothpastes that I've tried so far, this is the most effective when it comes to whitening and brightening. In only a week, you can already see the improvement. Unfortunately, since I didn't really plan to review this beforehand, I don't have any pictures of the before and after as proof. 

I'm really impressed with its whitening effect. But despite that, I don't think I would be buying another one after finishing this tube because of the fact that it makes my teeth sensitive. My teeth were never sensitive before. Other than being sensitive to temperature, it also leaves me with a weird feeling after every use, as if my teeth are so weak and could fall off anytime. It's just a feeling though, since I tried to eat something hard once, just to see, and luckily nothing bad happened to my teeth after. They didn't crack, break or fall off. Now, I'm curious, am I the only one who gets that weird feeling after using this paste? Anyways, I think minus that feeling, sensitivity and fluoride, this could have been the perfect toothpaste. If only..

You're probably wondering why I don't opt for professional teeth whitening or bleaching, it is because #1 it's not cheap and #2 I've read before that it doesn't always work and that the final results vary from case to case, for some person it's effective but unfortunately for some it's not. I'm trying out different methods and toothpaste thinking that maybe if they work even just a bit then that could mean that I'm not immune to any whitening ingredients. If that's the case, there's a bigger chance that professional bleaching will be effective on me, as well and so if I do decide to go for it, it wouldn't be such a waste of money. We'll see and talk about it again in the future. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment