Sunday, March 19, 2017

What I Wore: Orani Day/Alimango Sugpo Festival


Last March 6-10 we had a one week celebration of Orani Day, my hometown's special day. On the fourth day, Thursday, the Alimango Sugpo Festival was held.

The festival is always composed of a parade and a street dance competition. It's our townspeople way of honoring and giving thanks to Nuestra Senora del Rosario for the rich and prosperous supply of alimango/crabs and sugpo/prawns in our place. Many of our townspeople's livelihoods depend on these types of seafood.

Most schools in our town participate in this competition. The competition is divided into two parts. The first part is for elementary schools while the second one is for high schools. Each group is made up of 25-30 street dancers and a festival queen.

My alma mater always participates in the contest. Actually, when I was in high school I used to take part as one of the dancers. Ahhh, such wonderful memories. ;D






Anyways, the festival this year started at around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and ended past seven. As expected, there were tons of people around. The whole plaza was crowded with people of different ages. I was with my mom. We got to watch all the performances from different schools but we weren't able to stay until the announcement of winners due to other priority.







I wasn't able to capture great photos. We didn't bring a camera, just our phones. My battery even died on me and my mom's, too. Why was I so unprepared? I've learned my lesson, though. I'll definitely do better next time. ;) For now, if you're interested to see more and much better ones, search #WitnessOrani on social media sites and that might give you better results.

Since I already knew that it's going to be so crowded and hot that day, I opted to wear this outfit. I believe, you can never go wrong with an easy breezy maxi or in this case, midi.




midi dress- thrifted
sandals- Candie's
bag- Cacharel Anais Anais

You've probably already realized how much I love thrifting. If not, then check out my other posts about what I wore here and here. Look forward for more blog posts regarding that topic in the future. I'll definitely give my take on the whys and hows. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment