Thursday, May 11, 2017

What I Say: Healthy Options Melatonin


Sleep like a baby! 

When I was younger, I used to think that maybe I suffer from acute insomnia. However, now that I think about it and know better, I guess it's more of DSPS or Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. I find it hard to sleep, but once I fall asleep, I stay in that state for a really long time. Sometimes, I even have the tendency to surpass the 8-10 hr mark. 

Things get messy whenever I need to cut my sleep short or wake up early. I end up feeling sleepy or actually sleeping in the middle of the day and falling asleep once again in a different and later time at night.

To try and control my sleep better, I take Melatonin. I used to take one from a different brand called Doctor's Best. That one was good but I don't think it's available here in the Philippines. I decided to try another one which is from Healthy Options. I like the brand. I think it's reliable and trustworthy. 


Healthy Options offers Melatonin in 3 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg. Since I'm a big believer that anything too much is bad, I went for their lowest dosage. The bottle that I have contains 60 tablets. I'm not sure about the exact price but I remember it being affordable.


Unlike the one from Doctor's best, it doesn't contain artificial flavor. This is also suitable for vegans.


It doesn't have an expiration date. Instead there's a best by date. The detail at the bottom of the bottle doesn't fade away. 


I don't consume Melatonin daily. I only take it when I really need it. I take it during the same time for 2-3 consecutive days then stop once I think my body has adjusted to that certain time.

I don't feel any side effects. It honestly doesn't make me feel groggy, dizzy, drowsy or irritated. I also don't think that it's habit forming or that it causes dependency. I can still get away not using it for months and months albeit with a messy sleep pattern. 

All in all, I find it very effective and helpful. 

Remember, it's important to have proper sleep. It doesn't only help in regards to beauty or appearance but also in overall health. It makes the body and mind function effectively. Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment