Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What I Say: Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof Mascara


This is definitely one of the best waterproof mascaras I've ever tried. Find out why!

As you can see, the packaging is pretty minimalist, but it's extremely elegant. The silver box doesn't contain much, but a little gold rose above and an outline all around.


The only details that you'll find are the ones included in this clear sticker on the side. Take note that this sticker is properly aligned and cleanly put. If you're wondering why I'm emphasizing such detail then you have to read this post.  


The black tube has a fine, distinct shape. It's also filled with glitters that don't move around or adhere to your skin. It is really gorgeous and of high-quality. It is made up of sturdy material that doesn't easily break or bend, but has a smooth texture. 


The brand, logo and product name are all imprinted on the cap. The other necessary details are on the bottom of the tube. It states there the origin of the product, which is France, and the storage period once opened, which is 6 months. Aside from those, it also says there that the tube has 6.5 mL of product.


This is how the wand looks like. It reminds me a bit of the wand of Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara. This one is just a bit skinnier. I actually prefer that because I find it easier to use even on the corners and the lower lashes. It is an extremely efficient wand.

 This mascara doesn't contain lash fibers. Nevertheless, it effectively lengthens and volumizes my lashes. It also separates them nicely. However, what I adore the most about this mascara is that it holds the curl all day long. It's no secret that I have stubborn stick straight lashes. They always find a way to go back to their original state, but not with this mascara. 

Besides those awesome things, this mascara doesn't flake, smudge or smear. It stays put all day. It is indeed sweat-proof and waterproof. I feel like you can cry, go swimming and dance in the rain with this mascara on and it still won't give you raccoon eyes or make you look as if you're crying black tears. 

You're probably thinking that since it's that heavy-duty, then it must be a real pain to remove. Actually, no, it's not. You just have to make sure that you use an oil-based remover or something that is specifically meant for waterproof formula, because just plain water and soap won't make the cut. With the right product, it's pretty easy to remove and it won't make any of your lashes fall off due to too much scrubbing or whatever.  

Another thing, I actually like how black it is. I already have black lashes, but it still makes my lashes look darker.

Last but not the least, it doesn't clump. I don't have to be cautious of spider lashes.

natural & curled

This is how my lashes look with just a coat of mascara. I tend to stick to just one. 


I got this as a gift last Christmas together with the other mascara that I also just reviewed recently. If you want to check that one out, click here

Unfortunately, I couldn't find this specific mascara in any website. I hate to break it to you, but I believe it's discontinued. 

However, worry not, because there's a lot of request to bring back this mascara. If you need some proof, read the comments and reviews here. It's that good, people! I'm pretty positive that they will bring this back due to popular demand. So, all you have to do is wait and keep your eyes out for its comeback. ;)

May this star shine brightly once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment