Saturday, September 9, 2017

What I Say: Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Lollibop


I have another lip gloss to share with you guys. I know, it seems like the lip junkie in me is resurfacing once again. This month might end up as a "lip month" or a month dedicated solely for different lip products. You better be ready! Don't say I didn't warn you. 😁

The star for today is Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Lollibop. Just like the other lip gloss and three mascaras that I recently reviewed, I also got this one from my uncle as a gift last Christmas.


 Benefit doesn't have this specific item on their official PH site, but I found it on their official US site for $16 (around 800 Php). I also tried to look for it on Sephora's PH site, but they don't have this one. Instead, they have a different color line of Ultra Plush for 900 Php.  


It has a pretty similar packaging to the last lip gloss that I reviewed. It is a squeezable plastic tube with a slant tip applicator. The tube is of really good quality. It is not too thin, but it is still easy to squeeze. It is very controllable. There's no issue about leaks or mess. 

The tube is actually clear. The details and writings are in cream. That's the only other color aside from the pink gloss itself. Overall, it looks really neat.


A tube contains 15 mL / 0.5 US fl. oz.

 It is made in France.

If you're wondering about the ingredients, then enlarge the second photo from the top.


On the official US site, their description for Lollibop is a hot pink color. I personally imagine hot pink as a punchy pink. With that said, I don't find Lollibop that hot of a pink, but it's vivid and bright. 

The gloss is not opaque, but it obviously gives a little more coverage and color than your average lip gloss.

It also has an above average feel and texture. I find it a bit jelly and mousse-y at that the same time. It is extremely soft and smooth. I think the word plushy suits it perfectly. It definitely makes the lips look plump, juicy and luscious. It gives off a nice sheen that doesn't look tacky or extremely oily. 

Despite the messy swatch, it actually has an even consistency. It is not too thin, but it also doesn't feel thick, heavy or uncomfortable. It has the right amount of stickiness that's enough to make it a bit longer-lasting.

It has a noticeable candy scent and flavor that I personally don't mind. I even think it's yummy. 

It can be used alone and it will add that subtle fix. It can be used as a topper, too, to add extra shine, poutiness and attitude. I personally like using it both ways. 

 I recommend you to try it and experience for yourself its luxurious feel. If you're not into this specific color, keep calm and worry not! It also comes in around seven other colors, so I bet there's one for everybody. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment