Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Collection # 2 | Just Stamp It


I present to you my most precious collection at the moment. Amongst all of my collections, this is the one that gets most of my love and attention these days. 

I guess, one of the reasons why is that it's a fairly new collection. I only started collecting these items recently, maybe a month or two ago. 

Another reason is that I consider this as one of my grown up collections. Doesn't philately sound so mature? It does have an intellectual vibe, too, right? I'm aware that philately is not just about the collection and study of stamps but also other postal history and stuff. Actually, I also do enjoy post cards but not as much as I do with stamps.

It's nice to think that these little pieces have stories to tell and that they have traveled far and wide. They tell a lot about their country of origin: the culture, significant people, places and things.

I guess one more reason and the most childish one is that they remind me of another stuff that I used to be crazy about when I was a kid. I used to collect these items and have boxes of them. Can you guess what I'm talking about? The answer is....


STICKERS!!! 

Yes, they do remind me of stickers. Hahaha I don't know exactly why. They just have the same feel to me. 
Image result for crazy emoji

The last reason is their old, antique vibe. Some people don't use stamps anymore. The number of people who write letters and engage in snail mail gets fewer and fewer. I've also noticed that some offices use ink stamps instead nowadays. To some, normal stamps are now unnecessary and unimportant. However, for me, there is something about their traditional and historical vibes. They even remind me of artifacts and endangered species. I sound a little crazy there. Luckily, I'm sure you're used to it by now. ;)   

Anyway, I don't have a lot of stamps at the moment. However, I have a nice collection of new and old ones and canceled and mint ones. Here they are!











That is my stamp collection. If you, my friends, have some that you don't need or want anymore, I gladly accept "donations". Hahaha

I'm more than positive that once I start traveling out of the country, stamps are some of the things that I'll collect and keep as souvenirs. 

If this got you curious about my collections, then check out the first collection that I shared here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment