Thursday, June 1, 2017

What I Say: Closeup Diamond Attraction


This seems like a color correcting toothpaste to me. You know, like something along the line of color correcting concealers and powders. Sounds weird, right? Well, I'm about to explain further and tell you if it actually works. 


I got this last month from Watson's for around 100 Php. Compared to the last whitening toothpaste that I reviewed, this one is definitely less expensive. 


I believe it only comes in one size. It's pretty average, it's not too big and not too small either. It weighs 100 g. 


The packaging is of really good quality. It is also pretty attractive and different. I actually noticed it instantly when I was browsing around the shelves of dental care items. The box is sturdy. It's not flimsy and cheap looking. The tube itself is also nice. The only thing that I don't like that much is the cap. I prefer flip top caps over screw caps.


Both the manufacturing and expiration dates are clearly stated and very visible. They are also imprinted on the edge of the tube.


This toothpaste is in Refreshing Menthol. It has a cool and clean effect. It does leave a long lasting feeling of freshness. However, I honestly would not mind a little more mintness. That's my personal preference, though.


It can be used even by children under the age of 6. I guess in that case, it helps that it's not super minty, so kids can take it easily and comfortably.


For the list of ingredients, check the photo above.


The paste itself is more gel-like than creamy. It is also two-toned. It looks almost exactly like how it is shown on the box.


The important details are written on the back, both of the box and of the tube. It is important to take note of these things.

 First of all, it is written there that it has Blue Light Technology. The clear and blue paste turns into a blue foam while in action. It works so well that even my toothbrush with pink and white bristles turns blue.

This blue tint makes your teeth look whiter instantly. However, it's is more of an optical and temporary effect. The color blue cancels orange/yellow. That's why as I've mentioned above, it's like a color corrector cosmetic item. It's even co-created with cosmetic dentists.

The whiter effect from the blue tint lasts for a good while but not all day. However, it is also stated that it provides gradual whitening with regular use.

I've been using this for around two weeks now and I think that it is also effective in really whitening the teeth. Take note that it's very gradual, though. The effect takes much longer and is less obvious and visible compared to the effect of other whitening toothpastes that I've tried such as Colgate Optic White and Nu Skin AP24.

Overall, each one them has its own pros and cons. The biggest advantage and unique quality of this one is its Blue Light Technology. If you want a whiter effect even if it's just temporary, then give this a go.

I personally enjoy this paste and its effect. I don't find that much drawbacks. It's not super expensive and it doesn't make my teeth feel sensitive. The temporary effect is nice and it makes me feel good and confident.

I'll definitely empty this tube first before moving on and trying out a new whitening toothpaste. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment