Monday, May 29, 2017

The Second Best Net Sponge Ever?


I obviously have a thing for sponges. If you need more proof, then check out my another post here.

My Housewell sponge served me really well. It lasted longer than I expected. Actually, I even used it longer than I supposed to. However, a few weeks ago, I realized that it's finally time to let go. Out with the old, in with the new sponge and just that. I was planning to stick to the same brand like a glue or like a kid to his/her mom or like a moonstruck fool to his/her love. It's really that good and I wanted it that badly.  

 Alas, as fate would have it, I couldn't find one in any store. I guess, it's life's (sneaky) way of teaching me how to let go, to go out of my comfort zone and to try something new again. Hahaha

   Anyway, since I had no choice, I just went for it and bought sponges from different brands. Yes, sponges and brands, but don't worry, I didn't get too crazy with sponge shopping. I just bought two sponges, one from Scotch-Brite and the other from Cleans-Up.

The focus of this post is the one from Scotch-Brite.


I got it for 39.75 Php from Robinson's Supermarket. It's a bit more expensive than my last one. It's also a bit longer. The one from Scotch-Brite is a quarter length longer. They do have almost the same width, though.


This sponge is great and gentle on delicate surfaces and items such as porcelains, glass, crystalware and other kitchenware. It's a little less abrasive than my old sponge


It doesn't make any scratches or marks. Other than that, it is also much more gentle on the hands.


Despite being less abrasive and more delicate, I do agree that it removes stains faster than ordinary pads, most especially those that are not net sponges. 


Similar to my last sponge from Housewell, it also makes the soap very sudsy and long-lasting. I still use the same brand of soap.

It also effectively removes greases and stains. However, it's not as tough on stains as my last soft scrub. Since this one is more delicate, it's great on light stains, but you need to put more effort for stubborn ones. To make it easier, soak the ones with stubborn stains a bit longer.  

I've been using this for more than a week now. It does not look as good as new anymore, but it is still pretty strong and sturdy. I'm positive that though it will not last as long as my old one, it will still last for a good while. 


 Overall, it is still a good sponge. It's much better than the ordinary pads and the ones that I tried in the past. It doesn't rip, open or separate. It is also far from flimsy.

What I like the most is how gentle it is on the hands. It actually feels really nice and just right.

However, it is still second to my dear and trusty Housewell Soft Scrub. That one can easily clean Bulalo stains in one swipe. xD

I have yet to try the one from Cleans-Up. I'll definitely review it, too, once I get to using it. We will see then, if these sponges will still remain in their places after that. Again, just for a quick review, so far, Housewell is still on top and unbeatable while Scotch-Brite is on the second spot. Will Cleans-Up snatch the first place and beat them all? Surpass Scotch-Brite? Or not even impress us at all? We'll find out next time. ;)   

No comments:

Post a Comment