Thursday, January 3, 2019

KOH GEN DO REFRESH SPA LOTION


Today, I'll be sharing my thoughts about Koh Gen Do Refresh Spa Lotion which I also featured on my recent post regarding the items that I got last Christmas.

For those of you who are not familiar...
"Japan-based Koh Gen Do was created in 1986 by Japanese actress Ai Saotome. Realizing her skin was depleted from the heavy makeup worn for filming, Ai created a line of restorative skin care that combines Japanese traditions with healing botanicals. She soon extended the line to include cosmetics. Koh Gen Do products are used around the world by people seeking healthy skin that looks fresh and radiant."

I believe this specific product only comes in one size which is 50 g / 1.76 oz. It is certainly handy and easy to carry around.


With its good quality bottle, you really have nothing to worry about. It is relatively hardy and I'm pretty positive that it will not easily get crushed nor deformed. The spray nozzle works great, too. I haven't had any problem with spillage. The cap is made up of thick plastic material.


The front portion of the bottle states the brand and product name together with some important information such as: that it contains natural herbal essences, using Izumo natural Spa water and that it's alcohol-free and mildly acidic.

I actually did my homework and researched about Izumo Spa water and here's what I found out... 
"The water is sourced from the deep mountains of the Izumo area, which is surrounded by breathtaking views of natural Japan and the Hii River. The hot spring is even mentioned in a 1,200-year-old historical book and has been long-known for its medicinal baths. It is renowned for its beautifying waters.

This simple hypotonic alkaline hot spring produces water that is completely transparent and odorless. Light and gentle, the water thoroughly soaks into the skin."

I also researched more about the product itself and it is not just alcohol-free, it is also free from artificial color, fragrance, mineral oil and paraben.


 The back is also filled with details, but in Japanese. 


The only thing that I understand is not to shake it. Thanks to the image. 

That detail sets it apart from most mists or spray lotions which you have to thoroughly shake before each use.

    Based on my further research, I'm right with that one.

 "How to use: Do not shake. Spray directly in front of desired area for immediate relief. Spray eight inches from face."

Here's the list of ingredients:
Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, Onsen-Sui(Jtn), Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Extract, Oenothera Biennis Seed Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Ectoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Yuukari Yu(Jtn), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Nitrogen, Oxygen

In Nordstrom site, it says...
"Refresh Skin Spray is an ultrafine pure mist that replenishes the skin with a unique balance of botanical extracts. Designed to keep skin healthy and hydrated throughout the day, the citrus-scented spray covers you in a veil of hydration while sealing in moisture and prepping the skin for the use of moisturizers or makeup."

That description is definitely on point. 

The mist is indeed ultra-fine. I find it unique since it is not watery nor foamy or frothy. Spraying it on my face feels like spraying a rich icing, but not really since again it is extremely fine and not visible.

It leaves a thin veil of moisturizer on the face. It doesn't feel heavy nor sticky. It gets absorbed into the skin slowly and nicely. It feels really wonderful. 

It moisturizes my skin so well that I no longer feel the need to use an actual moisturizing cream. I do have a normal skin type, by the way.

Aside from the moisturizing factor, it also makes my skin feel refreshed, brighter, plumper and healthier.

The effects linger for a long while. I only use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at nighttime.  

I pretty much use it as a moisturizer, rather than a pick-me-up-anytime mist.

It also works nicely as a primer. It preps my skin for makeup. It makes products glide and stick better. The over all look is just smoother. Though, I'm not sure if it does lock my makeup in place and improves the wear-time.

It has a nice scent that is not heavy nor powerful, so it doesn't linger. I actually love that, since I'm not  a huge fan of scented skincare items, especially for the face. 

 All-in-all, I enjoy this product and recommend it to those of you who are interested. 

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment