Monday, September 9, 2019

BELO NUTRACEUTICALS COLLAGEN MELON SMOOTHIE


There's an abundance of collagen products in the market at the moment. Collagen is best known as an ingredient that keeps our skin looking young, fresh and glowing. But, it is so much more than that, it is actually a structural protein that makes us feel young, too. It supports and improves both the outside and most importantly, the inside. It has positive effects even on our digestive system, muscles, bones, joints and many more. 

It does naturally occur in the body and is in fact the most abundant protein in it. However, it tends to decrease as we get older. As we reach the age of 20, it is said that the natural production of collagen in the body reduces by 1% each year.

The best way to help the collagen production in our body is through supplementation. Unbeknownst to many, collagen is actually too large of a molecule to be absorbed through the skin by using topical products.

Last Thursday, I already hit the silver mark and so, I've decided to already give collagen supplements a go, starting with this Belo Collagen Melon Smoothie.


I heard tons of good reviews about this product, so I went ahead and purchased 2 boxes right away from their official Shopee page. 


A box retails for 700 Php. It contains 5 sachets plus 2 additional pieces.

You simply have to mix this collagen powder with water and drink it. You can take it with hot, lukewarm, or cold water, depending on your preference. For me, this Belo Melon Smoothie tastes best with cold water, but the powder takes a bit of work to get dissolved. It usually takes me 3 to 5 minutes of stirring to dissolve it in cold water. It's faster and easier to use hot water first, then just add cold water and ice after.

The scent makes me think of either Starr Melon Dews or Dynamite Melon. Those two are both Pinoy candies. The taste reminds me of the same stuff, but a little bit less sweet and rich. I suggest you make sure that you only put 250 mL of water or less, because if not, it would surely taste bland. Overall, it does taste nice and decent. There's no weird taste, aftertaste or anything. 

When it comes to consistency, it's definitely light and thin. 


The list of ingredients and nutrition facts are at the back of the box. 


Each expiry date is indicated on the side. 


Those details are also stated on each sachet.

This product can be taken twice a day, one in the morning and another one in the evening. I personally only drink one per day.


I've only taken 5 drinks, so far. I haven't noticed any significant changes, yet, aside from a little bit firmer skin and a little bit improved energy level. 

I think that's fine since I'm taking it more for preventative measures.

I also haven't experience any adverse reaction from this drink. 


I think this product is worth trying even if you're just looking for a better, non-dairy alternative to dairy drinks.

I hope this helps.

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment