Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What I Say: ELF Luscious Liquid Lipsticks ^^,

Happy Tuesday my loves! How's your day going? Today I'm back again with another review. As planned, this is going to be about another glosses. Well, they are called liquid lipsticks but I consider them as glosses, I know a lot of people do, too. You'll know why as we go on. ;) And again for the nth time these are products from ELF. Anyhow, lets get started.

 These are ELF Luscious Liquid Lipsticks. They are part of the essential line.


PRICE:
I got these from Watson's for 129.75 Php. Again, just like the other ELF stuff that I've reviewed, these are much cheaper if you buy them online. 


CLAIMS:
* long lasting color and shine
* hydrates, conditions and softens on contact
* soothes and smooths lips

It is true that the color and shine last quite long. They also do make the lips look soft and smooth. They don't condition, hydrate and soothe the lips that much but they are not at all drying.

PACKAGING:
They come in these pen type packaging. I believe they are very similar to the packaging of ELF Essentials Hypershine Gloss except those have brush applicators while these ones have sponge applicators. To get some product, all you have to do is twist the bottom part of the pen. Their caps close nicely and tightly so there's nothing to worry about. They are very safe to travel with.   




NET WEIGHT:
These only contain .05 oz / 1.5 g. They may seem to contain a lot at first but then once you twist them (which you need to do hundred of times before the first application, kidding just 10-12 times) the product will go all up and you'll realize how much product each of them really has.



CONSISTENCY/FORMULA/TEXTURE:
First of all, these lip glosses feel so light on the lips. With that being said, even though they are really light they have good pigmentation. They are actually a tad bit more pigmented than ELF Super Glossy Lip Shines. You can also layer on the color and build it up a little bit. Lastly, they are not sticky.

INGREDIENTS:
Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polyisobutene, Silica, Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Aroma), Methyparaben, Propylparaben
MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Red No.6 Lake (Cl 15850), Red No.7 Lake (Cl 15850), Red No.27 Lake (Cl 45410), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

I am not familiar with some of the ingredients listed. Though, they contain parabens
.

SCENT:
They have a minty scent and taste.

LASTING POWER:
They last pretty long. They last for a few hours. I'd say 2-3 without eating and drinking, of course.

COLOR SELECTION:
They have a wide selection of colors. 

So far, I have two. The first one is Cherry Tart and the second one is Perfect Pink. Cherry Tart is a red. Perfect Pink, as the name suggests, is really a perfect pink, at least for me. They both don't have any shimmers. 

L: Cherry Tart ; R: Perfect Pink
L: Perfect Pink ;R: Cherry Tart
L: Perfect Pink ; R: Cherry Tart

bare lips

Perfect Pink
Perfect Pink
Perfect Pink
Cherry Tart
Cherry Tart
Cherry Tart

THE + SIDE:
* Decent pigmentation
* Very affordable
* Widely available
* Not drying
* Feel light on the lips
* Wide color selection 
* Not sticky
* Last quite long
* Smooth glide applicator
* Nice and secure packaging
* Don't have shimmers (at least for me, this is a big plus)

THE - SIDE:
* Contain parabens
* Contain a small amount of product
* Minty scent (doesn't bother me at all)
* Misleading name

ON THE WHOLE:
So as you may have noticed from my statements above, they are totally different from what a liquid lipstick would be. First of all, they are not as thick and heavy as liquid lipsticks. Furthermore, although they have decent pigmentation, they are still not good enough to be liquid lipstick. But, as lip glosses, they are excellent. Even though they don't contain much product, I guess that's not a total issue because in the first place they are really inexpensive. Moreover, they give amazing color and shine. They are good to wear alone or on top of a lipstick. 

That brings this post to an end. I still have some more lip glosses to review so watch out for that. I'll talk to you again soon. Bye. xoxo 


4 comments:

  1. I have yet to try ELF lipsticks.

    Please add me up through GFC and Google+
    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are nice. Try them out and let me know what you think. :) Sure dear.

      Delete
  2. Added you through google friend connect sis, let's keep in touch! liking your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure thing! :D I'm glad you're liking my reviews. ^^, thank you for adding me.

    ReplyDelete