Thursday, November 7, 2013

What I Say: ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine

     What's up my loves? :D For today, I will be sharing my thoughts on a product from ELF. (An ELF product again?!) What can i say? It's definitely one of my go-to brands. Carrying on, this will be about their lip shines which, I believe, are not pretty new in the market anymore. But hey, still putting my two cents in won't hurt, right? And hopefully those who haven't tried these lip shines yet will get something from my review. ;)


PRICE:
There was actually a buy 1 take 1 promo when I bought these lip glosses so I got both of them for 129.75 Php. Compared to other lip glosses, they are already pretty inexpensive at that price but if you buy them online they would be more inexpensive.


CLAIMS:

* Brilliant, never sticky long-lasting shine 

* Moisturizes and soothes on contact

* Protects against sun and skin aging

I totally agree with the first one, these lip glosses are not sticky at all and of course they wouldn't be called lip shines for no reason. But, I can't completely support the second one. Yes, they are not drying but I don't think they moisturize my lips either. The third and last one is pretty much true because they actually have SPF 15.

PACKAGING:
These lip glosses come in a tube with a smooth glide applicator. You basically just have to squeeze them. There's nothing to worry because the amount of product is very easy to control. They also have a twist-off cap so they are pretty safe and secured. I have totally nothing against their packaging especially considering the inexpensive price. 




CONSISTENCY/FORMULA/TEXTURE:
Unlike other lip glosses, these are not sticky. They also don't feel thick or heavy. Lastly, they are pretty pigmented for a lip gloss and you can slightly build the color up. 


INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredients: Benzophonone 4, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide
Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Silica, Mica (Cl 77019), Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
May Contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake, Red No.34 Calcium Lake, Orange No. 5, Red No. 27 Aluminum Lake, Ultramarine Violet 

I actually know nothing about most of the ingredients listed. But they contain parabens which I know some people try to avoid. They also contain fragrance which, for me, is not a necessity and I'm sure will bother some people.


SCENT:
They smell like candies.

LASTING POWER:
Even though they are not sticky they still last quite long. They last for a few hours.

COLOR SELECTION:
They have a nice and wide selection of colors. 

I currently have two. The first one is in Candlelight and the other one is in Malt Shake. Candlelight is a nudey peach. Malt Shake is a brownish red. 

L: Candlelight ; R: Malt Shake

L: Candlelight ; R: Malt Shake

L: Candlelight ; R: Malt Shake

Bare lips

Candlelight

Candlelight

Candlelight 

Malt Shake

Malt Shake

THE + SIDE:
* Nice pigmentation 
* Not sticky
* They have SPF 15
* They contain .35 oz/10 g each and will last you pretty long
* Last long on the lips
* Inexpensive
* Not drying
*Nice color selection
* They don't feel heavy or thick at all
* Widely available (I got mine from Landmark. They are also available at SM [SM Department Store and Watsons] and online)

THE - SIDE:
* They contain parabens
* They are scented (this doesn't bother me at all though)

ON THE WHOLE:
Overall, for me, these lip glosses are awesome especially because they have SPF which is a must now. The colors and pigmentation are really nice, too. And I think, inexpensive lip glosses that are not sticky do deserve some love. They are definitely worth trying and including in your makeup collection. You can use them alone or add them on top of a lipstick for that extra shine and lusciousness. ;)

Well, I guess that's it for my review. I hope you enjoyed. But wait, before I go ,I wanna warn you now that my upcoming posts will be mostly about either lip glosses or concealers. Atleast, that's what I've planned or what I've listed. I'm hoping things will go according to plan. So if you love those stuff, you might wanna watch out for my next posts. ;D Bye for now. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment