Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What I Say: NYX Pump It Up Lip Plumper in PIU02 Lindsay

I can definitely say that NYX is one of my favorite drugstore brands (especially when it comes to lip products). They always have new, unique or great products for such affordable prices plus they are cruelty free. I already own quite a lot of stuff from them and I'm pretty positive I'll be owning more soon. ;D One of the stuff that I currently own is their Pump It Up Lip Plumper.

As of now, they have 9 gorgeous shades and all of their names, I believe, are based on actresses/tv personalities with beautiful, pouty lips such as Scarlet (Scarlet Johanson), Angelina (Angelina Jolie), Kim (Kim Kardashian), etc. The one I have is in PIU02 Lindsay (Lindsay Lohan), a neutral pink shade with beautiful shimmers that will suit tons of people. Actually, this shade is far from being opaque, thus it is very easy to pull off by anyone and just perfect if you want that natural but a bit more enhanced lips. Though the color is not noticeable, the shimmers are, which is not that bad because the shimmers are really gorgeous and I think what make this shade worthwhile. I'm really iffy and picky with shimmers but the ones in this shade certainly get my approval. They are so fine and far from being gritty. I swear you won't even feel them. Most importantly, they look lovely. As a topper, this shade will definitely do a phenomenal job.

It has a bit of a sweet scent but it is not overpowering at all. You can't even detect it once applied. It also doesn't have any weird taste.

Now moving on, it has a thin consistency and smooth texture. It also feels very lightweight. It surprisingly seems hydrating and doesn't dry out my lips. It is definitely not sticky because my crazy hair doesn't get stuck on my lips.

When it comes to performance, once applied it will immediately give off a tingling sensation that can last for up to 20 minutes. I actually enjoy that, maybe there's a masochist in me. Kidding aside, it must just really be tolerable. The product itself lasts for 2-3 hours, a pretty decent amount of time for plumpers and glosses. 

If you are curious about the ingredients just click the photo below to enlarge. :) I believe it doesn't contain parabens, well unless they used a different name or something.

About the packaging, it just has the standard round tube with the usual doe foot applicator. There's  nothing really special or different, other than the injection logo. It contains .28 oz or 8 g. of product. It actually contains a bit smaller amount of product compared to the megashine lipglosses also by NYX but I think it still has a lot, who goes over an entire tube of lip product easily anyways. :P

And lastly, here's the real deal, does it plump the lips or not? I think it does but of course nothing dramatic and it's more noticeable in person. What do you guys think? Can you even tell in these photos?
bare lips
 

That's the end for today's review. I hope you enjoyed and found this helpful. If you're intrigued by this product you can purchase it from NYX Wholesale PH for only 215 Php. I actually got mine from Pop Culture in Trinoma for 250 Php. If I were to buy again I'll definitely get Kim. I think it's a gorgeous nude shade with a cream finish, perfect for dark and smokey eye look. Let me know your thoughts on the comment section below if you already have one or if you're planning to try this product. Bye! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment