Monday, October 20, 2014

What I Say: Shu Uemura Cream Eye Shadows in P Beige and M White

Hey, my loves! I'm here again. Well, I want to keep the posts coming while I still have the time and I'm still in the mood. :D

This time I have a review for you all. It's all about the Shu Uemura Cream Shadows which are similar and may be on par with the oh-so-famous, loved by most Youtube gurus MAC Painterly Paint Pots, or at least that's how I just imagine them to be because I have yet to own a paint point. Anyways, they are both great as bases and even on their own. Now, let's see what else.



CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE/FORMULA:
These shadows have a thin consistency that's very easy to layer and build. They are also solid in texture but still surprisingly creamy but not too much so they are nice to work with and don't slip and slide and go everywhere. 

They are also offered in two different types. The first one is in P/Pearl. Their pearl shadows are not frosty at all, they just have these fine beautiful shimmers, far from being glitters and gritty. I'm a satin-matte lover so I don't really go for shimmers-pearl-frost, but their pearl shadows, I really adore. The next is in M/matte. Usually matte shadows tend to be dry, patchy and not pigmented but their matte shadow are definitely awesome and far from those things. 

PERFORMANCE:
These shadows have great performance that will leave the users in awe. First of all, with or without eyeshadow primer their pigmentation is great and buildable. When they set, they are definitely going nowhere. They never crease. They don't even seem to fade after hours and hours. Believe it or not, they do last all day. Their awesomeness doesn't end there, they are also waterproof.

1. swatches without primer or anything

 2. -after a few minutes I tested them on running water
- they were still a bit wet when I took these photos  
- you can notice that the shimmers went all over the place

 3. a few more minutes after the water test, I rubbed them (that's why my skin's red)
- you can see that the shimmers went totally crazy and they did fade but they are still there

COLOR SELECTION:
They have a wide color selection that ranges from nudes to brights and light to dark. I currently have two. The first one is P Beige. I like using this one on its own. 

The next one is in M White which I love using as a base to make other colors pop more and get more vibrant.


PACKAGING:
The pot is very sleek, sturdy and durable. It is very strong and won't break easily for sure. It is also very classy looking with only the brand name on top and then the other informations are on the sticker on the bottom. You can easily see the product/color once you turn the pot upside down.




NET WEIGHT:
They contain a decent amount of product, 5g 0.17 oz.

INGREDIENTS:
Click the photo to enlarge.

THE + SIDE:
* Buildable
* thin texture
* solid but creamy
* very easy to work with
*comfortable to wear
* not patchy
* not greasy/waxy
* don't dry out easily
* once set they are not going anywhere
* can be used as a base or on its own
* Longwearing
* waterproof
* comes in variety of color
* don't crease
* don't fade
* A pot will last a long time
* two different textures to choose from: matte/pearl
* great packaging, easy to travel with

THE - SIDE:
* Just like all the high-end products, these may be a bit expensive but I say they are worth the price.
* They contain paraben which some people don't like (I personally don't mind).

ON THE WHOLE:
All in all, they are amazing and they are everything that you would definitely want a cream shadow to be, well, you just really have to pay the price. They are simply awesome to have especially if you want something low maintenance (just swipe and go, without the need to retouch) and something that will survive a hot weather, rainy weather or even a stormy weather. haha. I hope this is helpful. Bye! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment