Thursday, July 23, 2015

Products I Regret Buying ^^


Hello my loves! Here's my second ever post about stuff that just didn't work well for me. However, compared to my last one (here) which was posted ages ago, the beauty items I have this time are simply 'meh' products and not 'oh hell no' ones. In actuality, some of them can even be considered good, it's just that these days I'm being overly sensitive and picky. I also think my preference have grown and changed a whole lot. With that said, I hope you won't take it to heart if ever I bash an item that you like. ^^v Now, lets get through them one by one. ;)



First is this Myra BB Cream that I got for a very affordable price, I believe it was below 100 Php back then. This has shimmers in it but that's not actually one of the things that bug me. Actually, I like shimmers so much, so much that sometimes I don't even mind looking like a disco ball. Kidding aside, glowy/dewy base with a bit of shimmers here and there + matte eyes + glossy lips = me (now that is). That may be weird for some of you my friends but that's just how I roll.

Back to my first star of this post though, what actually irks me is first of all the scent. It's not just simply scented to me, it is actually heavily fragrant. Am I exagerrating? Because that's how it really is to me. Have they changed that yet? Although even if they have, I doubt I'll buy this one again because this oxidizes on me. I tried it as a highlighter on my cheeks just so I wouldn't have to deal having the scent all over my face and at first it seemed great. I thought I finally found the perfect use for it but then, minutes after, I have this darker yellow line on my cheeks. Great! Just great! I totally felt awesome. Nah! Those two reasons are enough for me to give up on this product.


Next on the list is this Lovely Me:Ex Angel Skin Foundation from TheFaceShop. This is also an affordable product especially compared to others. The thing though is it has a pretty light coverage which is too light for my liking. It is even lighter than most of my bb creams. For me, when it comes to coverage it should be tinted moisturizers>>bb creams/cc creams>>foundations>>concealers>>camouflage creams. So I'm not pleased with that. Another reason is that it has a pretty strong orange undertone. The color selection is not the widest and if I did go down a shade ligther than what I bought it would have ended up too light for me. Lastly, I also dislike the scent. I feel like it's a bit perfumey just like the first one. I guess this one is totally not for me, too.


This third product is actually a Pinay favorite, even my sister used to love and wear this a lot. This is the SanSan Matte Finish Liquid Foundation which is only worth a hundred something a bottle. I surely adore the price. What I don't enjoy is the color selection. I think they only have 3 to choose from. What's for sure is that 2 (pictured above) is too light and 3 is too dark for me. You see, I'm not really a fan of mixing colors. I'm too lazy. xP So clearly that's my fault. But one more thing is that this is scented. Yes, once again it's the scent that puts me off. It's because I prefer unscented products when it comes to skincare and makeup except for lip products, like who hates the smell of MAC lipsticks, right? Hahaha



Moving away from base makeup, it's now time for eye products. First in this category is this Little Black Book of Eyeshadows in Glam Edition from LA Colors. First off, I didn't do my research so I had no idea that this only contains shimmery shadows and as I've mentioned somewhere above I'm into matte eyes. That's completely my fault. Other than that, it's actually pretty decent when it comes to pigmentation. It just tends to be a bit powdery so there's a bit of a fall out but there's a solution for that, a shadow shield or maybe this.


The last one, both in eye products and the over all list of disappointing products, I have this Brightening Eye Pencil in Black from ELF. I've had this for a long time that's why the writings were already rubbed off. This thing is so creamy it moves, smudges and transfers. It ends up all over the place. Even if I set it with powder, it would still stray away somehow. I'm already a panda so I no longer find this necessary.

I will still try to find some use out of these products since I don't want to waste them. Hopefully, I'll succeed (fingers crossed). Who knows maybe one of these will appear on my next monthly favorites, right? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment