Monday, June 5, 2017

What I Say: Scents & Style Oil Burner Set


After experimenting a few times, I'm finally ready to draw a conclusion. 

Two months ago, I featured this set in my home fragrance haul


I got it from Vetaf's Superstore for 120 Php. They have a variety of burner sets from the brand Scents & Style. They come in different sizes and colors. If I remember it correctly, the price is the same for all them. 


If you've been a follower of this blog for a while now, you would know that I quite enjoy the brand Scents & Style. I have some of their essential oils. I made a review about them before and you can check that out here. Aside from that, I also got my very first oil burner, which I'm also going to show you later, from this brand. Their products are very affordable yet they perform really well and they are of good quality.


However, I suggest not taking their direction too seriously. Half a bottle is a lot. I personally only add three to five drops of oil. 


They suggest not adding water to oil. The reason behind that is because it can get messy. Yes, I actually tried, just to see how it would turn out and if it would work as sort of a vaporizer. It actually can. However, to avoid such mess, just use water soluble oils. They are the ones that are really meant for diffusers, humidifiers, purifiers and the likes.


This set comes with a burner, a candle and an essential oil.


The essential oil is in the scent Green Tea. Similar to their regular or solo oils, this one also comes in 10 mL. The only difference is that this one doesn't come with a dropper. It just has a screw cap and a stopper. I'm not going too much into detail about the scent itself since I'm going to make another review about it and their other scents in the very near future.


I already used up the candle. It was pretty nice and clean. It didn't produce any black smoke or burnt scent. It lasted longer than an average tea light candle which only tends to last for around two hours.


Finally, let's talk about the burner. As I mentioned in my haul post, this burner is a lot smaller than my previous ones. It is smaller than my very first burner from the same brand, my Buddha burner and the other burner that I featured in the haul.


The color is also different from my usual choice of white or black, but I really like it.


It is much thinner than my other burners. The inside is shallower and narrower, too. You can only put one candle inside and that's that. You're only really supposed to put one, but I just want to mention that with my other burners, you can fit two tea lights inside.


The top is not a whole circle but it is actually a bit deeper. 

For clearer comparison, check out the photos below. The black one is my very first burner. It's also from the brand Scents & Style.





I already have a good number of burners. I still bought this one because I badly wanted to know if it would produce the aroma better.

I finally got the answer!

Since it is much smaller, it does indeed heat up faster and hotter. When you use a new tea light with extremely strong flame, the oil can end up actually boiling. As in, you can see it sizzling, fizzing or bubbling. It produces more smoke, thus also producing the aroma more and stronger. It makes the scent circulate nicely around the whole room and even a little bit farther. Since the scent is stronger, it tends to last longer.

After all the trials and experiments with different burners, I now conclude that the smaller, the better. 

I also think that I found the perfect small size. I'm really glad I have this.

With that said, extra caution is needed for this one. Be careful not to be scalded. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment