Saturday, June 3, 2017

What I Say: Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser


It's been five months since I started using this product and I am now more than ready to share my thoughts about it. 



Chloe actually got this as a Christmas gift from one of our uncles. However, I think it is widely available and you can easily look it up online. You can find it in Sephora's website. It costs $30 there, which is around 1,500 Php. 


The packaging is simple yet elegant. It is pretty minimalist. Everything is clear and nice. You can easily tell that it's from a good quality brand. 


Just check the detail on top of the cap for example. It is undeniably well-made.


The tube is sturdy. It's not thin and flimsy. I also like that it has a flip top cap instead of a regular screw cap. 


The important information is well written on the box. If you need to know more, it actually comes with an insertion full of product information and what not.

  
But if you're not that strict about product information, you can easily toss the box and insertion out since the basic details are also on the back of the tube.


The list of ingredients is shown above.


If you're wondering, Shiseido is a Japanese brand. The product itself is made in Vietnam.


Once opened, you can keep it for 12 months which I initially thought is more than enough time to finish a tube of cleanser. 

However, I'm now having second thoughts because Chloe and I have been sharing this cleanser for around five months now but it is still far from empty. A little bit goes a really long way. I only use about half a pea sized. It is that potent and efficient. It lathers up so much. 

I almost forgot to mention but it actually contains 125 mL of product or 4.4 oz.


It is a creamy paste with micro-granules. It is thick and dense. It's even thicker and denser than a toothpaste. The granules are so fine that I don't even notice them at times. I think that's great since it's a cleanser and not necessarily a scrub. The granules are so gentle and just enough to give that bit of extra polish. It is not supposed to thoroughly exfoliate and renew the skin. You wouldn't want to do that to your skin every time, right? 


It takes away light makeup and thoroughly cleanse the face without stripping the necessary moisture and making the skin feel so dry and tight. It is highly efficient.

What I like the most, other than it being gentle and effective, is that it doesn't break me out. As a matter of fact, ever since I started using this product, I don't get acne anymore. I only get a few blemishes here and there sometimes, but they are very manageable. 

I also feel that it balances my skin out. I no longer get too dry and flaky or too oily. 

I have so much love for this product. 

The only two possible drawbacks that I can see are the price and the ingredients since they are far from organic and natural. 

If you're not that picky about the ingredients, I highly recommend you to try this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment