Friday, January 11, 2019

THE BODY SHOP BODY BUTTER in SHEA


I've tried other body butters from different brands before, but believe it or not, this is actually my first experience with the "Mother of all Body Butters"... the classic... The Body Shop Body Butter.

If you're wondering why, it's because I used to find them expensive. I believe a tub is worth around 800 Php. I'm not exactly sure since I got this specific one as a gift last Christmas.

However, ever since I started using mine, I've realized that it's not exactly the case. I've been using it for more than two weeks now and yet, there's still a lot of product in the tub. A little bit surely goes a long way. A tub will probably last for months and months.


The Body Shop Butter is available in different sizes. They have it in 50 mL, 200 mL and 400 mL. The one I have is a 200 mL tub.

The 50 mL ones usually come in sets, so the prices varies. I believe the 400 mL tubs cost around 1200 Php or more. 

If you're patient, you can always choose to wait for their sales promotions.

The Body Shop Body Butters only come in tubs. Some people would find it a bit unhygienic. However, since body butters are on the thicker side when it comes to consistency, there's pretty much not other way around to package them. It would be hard to use a pump bottle for this product.

The tub is made of a thick plastic. The quality is great. You can easily reuse it for other purposes after.

The tub has a sticker on top, around and under it.

The one on top only has the brand and the image of the variant of the body butter. 


The sticker around the tub has few details and icon symbols about the product.


The one under has more of those.


Plus, you can also find the complete list of ingredients there.

What I love the most about the brand is that they are against animal testing. It makes me admire and respect the brand a lot more.

I also love that they use quality ingredients. For this specific variant, they use organic Babassu oil form Brazil and Community Fair Trade Shea Butter from Ghana. I'm sure this gesture helps the lives and livelihoods of the people of Ghana and others. 


Now, onto the product itself... 

As I've mentioned above it has a thick consistency, yet really creamy. It spreads all over quite easily. However, it takes a few minutes for it to get fully absorbed. There's a bit of a greasy feeling, but once it's absorbed, that feeling disappears, too. It doesn't bother me at all.


It's a lot more moisturizing than regular lotions. I do have a normal skin type and it indeed provides 24-hour hydration for my skin. It makes my skin feel extremely soft and smooth. It is also soothing and nourishing. It helps heal wounds, blemishes or bites faster.

The scent is a mixture of shea butter and cocoa butter. It lingers all day on my skin. I don't find it overwhelming, though, which is great.

Overall, it is a great product and I totally recommend it. 👍

It makes me want to try not just more variants of The Body Shop Body Butters, but also the other products that the brand has to offer. I guess this is the start of my personal journey with The Body Shop. I'm excited! 

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment