Saturday, January 5, 2019

THE FACE SHOP QUICK & CLEAN OIL-FREE MOISTURIZING CREAM



You win some, you lose some.


This Quick & Clean Oil-Free Moisturizing Cream is one of the products of
The Face Shop, a pretty well known Korean brand here in the Philippines. Go to any bigger malls here and they surely do have stalls of this brand. 


The packaging is a win for the eco-conscious. Except for the plastic seal top, it is made up of a glass jar and a metal tin cap. 

Though, I do understand that some people may find it less hygienic because it's a tub. You just have to make sure that your fingers or spatulas are clean before you dip into it and to close it tightly each time you use it. I personally don't have any issues with tub packagings.

The quantity of product in each jar is 50g/1.76 oz.  

The consistency of this product is truly light. It has the mixed texture of a lotion and a gel. It is extremely easy to spread evenly all over the skin. It doesn't leave any heavy or sticky feeling. I actually like those things about it.


 As usual, the back has a short description, directions and caution.

It says in the description that "this refreshingly light, oil-free moisturizing cream is uniquely formulated with Tea Tree oil and Grapefruit Peel extract to instantly soothe, smooth and hydrate skin without a sticky residue."

I do agree and also disagree with that description.

We're done with the texture and consistency. I totally agree with that part.

The Tea Tree oil and Grapefruit Peel extract are indeed listed on the ingredients. I can say that it's working since I haven't experience any breakout.

I've been using this for only a few days.

The night I started using it, I really liked it. It actually does smooth out the skin and make it feel incredibly soft. It even minimizes the appearance of pores. I was really amazed back then. I thought it's an exceptional moisturizer.

I woke up the next morning and my skin still feels extremely soft and smooth.

Oh my gosh! Holy grail product?

Wait! There's more.

I put on a CC cream that afternoon and noticed some dry patches. I blamed it on the weather and used this moisturizing cream again that night.

After putting on this cream, I noticed that my skin appeared better again. It's smoother and softer. It's so good that I kept on looking at my skin on the mirror. All of a sudden, I got this feeling that this product is somewhat familiar and it hit me, it's very similar to a primer, a silicon primer! I have specific primer in mind that time, it's Maybelline Baby Skin.

I immediately grabbed the jar to check and guess what! This moisturizing cream is indeed full of dimethicone, the smoothing silicon. I also decided to do further research about this cream and here's what I found:
Concept
Quick & Clean is the skin solution to combat excessive oil acne and minor break outs with Tea Tree which proves very effective anti-bacterial quality.

Description
Silicone gel network forms a thin layer of silicone gel over skin to prevent moisture evaporation without disturbing skin's ability to breath. Purslane and Grapefruit extracts normalize skin. Tea Tree Chamomile and Licorice prevent inflammation while reducing skin stress.

Ingredients:

water, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, peg-10 dimethicone, melameuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil,cyclotetrasiloxane, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, thriethanoline, squalane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, polysorbate 60, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, methylparaben, ethylparaben, ethoxydiglycol, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, butylparaben, butylene glycol, betaine, fragrance, propylene gycol

There's a lot of issues going on around dimethicone. I'm honestly not a big fan of it, especially on skincare products. It traps and covers almost everything.

This item would work great as a primer for that all day softness, smoothness and zero pore-visibility and to protect your skin from dirt or pollution. However, it is definitely not an effective moisturizer. It is not that soothing and it surely doesn't provide actual and long-time nourishment and hydration for the skin.

Now I completely understand why despite of the light and thin consistency, it is still supposed to be used lastly. According to the directions written on the jar: "Gently spread over face as the final step in your skincare routine."

 Overall, the moisturizing claim is not that on point and I will no longer use it for that purpose. I'll just probably use it as a primer from time to time. I don't recommend it for daily use, much more twice daily.

I want to be mindful and extremely careful of the stuff that I put in and on my body.
Too much of something is definitely not good. Moderation is the key.

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment