Monday, June 3, 2019

LOLA ABON'S DURIAN STICKS


Here is another product from Lola Abon's. Have you already noticed how much I love durian candies? Well, this is not even the end of it. I still have some more to post about in the coming days.

A pack of Durian Sticks has approximately 20 pieces.


The company address and contact detail are indicated on the front.


The expiry date is clearly stated on the back.


The short list of ingredients is right under the important dates.


The nutrition information is right beside the ingredient list.


The size of each of the sticks is a bit inconsistent. However, I think that's to be expected from hand-produced products. It's understandable. The differences are not that huge anyway.

I've read before that the company doesn't use machines, yet, because they have the tendency to change the consistency, flavor and quality of the products.


Unlike their other products, each stick is wrapped just once. This time, for this specific product, they only use a clear plastic.

I like the consistency of these sticks. It's not that soft and smushy. It is smooth and has enough hold and firmness. Actually, I just realized that I like the consistency of Lola Abon's products when they are just kept in room temperature and not refrigerated. I think that is something you have to figure out yourself. Try both and see which one fits your preference better.

It doesn't have that strong of a durian scent. I think the scent is closer to that of a regular pastillas de leche. It smells sweet and creamy.

It has that sweet, milky durian candy taste. If you haven't tried one yet, just imagine the taste of pastillas and add a soft touch of the flavor of durian.

It is delightful. I like it a lot. If you want to try a different kind of pastillas, then go and give Lola Abon's Durian Sticks a try.

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment