Wednesday, June 5, 2019

KIAMOY SWEET CANDY


This is the last item from my Oriental Merchadising Haul. It is also my least favorite. Read more to find out why.

I purchased a 150 g pack on sale for only 59 Php. The regular price for this item is 99 Php.


It's packaged in a plain resealable plastic. I believe it's because this candy is for wholesale and sold by kilos, so the one offered on the page of Oriental Merchandising is already repackaged. I have no issues with that, since the pieces are individually wrapped anyway.


As usual, I couldn't understand anything that's written on the wrapper. Nonetheless, the wrapper has a nice design that is reminiscent of that of the Oriental Brown Sugar Plum Candy.


It does have a plum scent that is pretty subtle.


One thing I do not like about this candy is the texture. It melts fast and easily even when it's just in the wrapper. It adheres to the plastic and it's a bit hard to separate. Plus, it is sticky.


Another thing that I'm not a big fan of is the taste of the hard candy. It is sweet, yet I find it bland. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels like there's something missing.


Then, there's the plum seed inside. There's no plum bits at all, it's just the seed. It is sour and salty, but I also feel that it is quite lacking.

This candy lacks a punch. There's the mixture of sweetness, sourness and saltiness, yet I find it dull. It feels plain and boring to me. This candy is underwhelming.

To be honest, at first, I thought I quite like taste of this candy because it's not too much of anything. However, as you can already tell, I've easily grown tired of it. I'm searching for more.

I don't know. Maybe, I'm expecting too much from a candy. Maybe, I just have a weird taste and preference. Nevertheless, I don't see myself repurchasing this specific candy in the future.

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment