Friday, May 19, 2017

The Bye Bye List


Here's a list of products that I'm letting go of. 

Most of these products are actually not bad. They just don't quite fit me and my personal preference. I will most likely give them away to a friend or a family member. Hopefully, they will find a better home and will be put to better use.

Let's start with some lip products. Most of you know that I'm a certified lip junkie. I think most girls are. We have an unnecessary number of lip products in our makeup collection. Sometimes, we even have a dozen of different lip stuff in our bag. With that said, I decided to downsize a little bit. 


MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass in Long Love Love

Cool toned pinks just don't fit me well. They look ridiculous on me. What's funnier is that it actually took me quite a while before I finally realized that. I used to rock this type of color with so much confidence. Hahaha It makes me laugh so hard imagining how I looked back then.


ZA Cosmetics Plumper Lips in 07 Candy Pink 

This one is not as cool toned as MAC Long Love Love. It does have a bit of warmth in it. However, it's still not enough to suit me. I think I better stick to peaches, reds and browns. Pinks are so tricky for me. 


Taste Beauty Flavored Lip Balm in Baked Smores

I mentioned on my review that though I hate the scent of this lip balm, I would still keep it even as a tabletop decor, but now I decided against it. I shall let go of things that don't work for me and make room for better ones. ;)   



MINISO Nail Polish in Dark Blue Grey

Did you know that based on the latest studies, an average woman puts around 500 chemicals on her body everyday and 60% of what we put on gets absorbed inside? Right now, I'm on a mission to limit or minimize the amount of chemicals that I use and intake. The easiest things for me to give up are nail polishes and nail accessories. If you remember, I used to post NOTDs (Nails of the Day) but then I gave all my polishes away. Chemicals in nail polishes can leach into our body. If you can't give them up, at least make sure to avoid ingredients such as toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate.

I'm honestly a bit reluctant to let go of this one because first of all, it's a gift from a family member. Secondly, it's my type of color. I mean it's perfectly right up my alley. However, I'm trying to practice self-control and discipline. Since I've already decided to give up nail polishes then I must press on and continue to do so. 


Instyle Fragrances An Impression of Chanel No. 5

It does smell similar to Chanel No. 5.  It is also long lasting. I've used this once and the scent lasted all day long. The thing is it's just too mature for me and you know how much I prefer sweet and yummy scents instead. There's also not much occasion that enables me to use this scent. So, off to another place it goes. 


Instyle Frgarances An Impression of Thierry Mugler Angel

This one smells good. It's sweet yet mature. However, I don't think it's appropriate for the Philippine weather. The heat makes it cloying and heady. Ugh. It's just so overwhelming and I can't take it. I prefer something light. Anyway, I think Angel on its own is already tricky. Some people hate it to the core, while others love it with every fibre of their being.

That's the end of the list. I'm planning to do more decluttering and minimizing. I'll update you again next time. ;D 

No comments:

Post a Comment