Saturday, January 19, 2019

MENTOS CHOCO CARAMEL


This is another item that I got during my last 7-Eleven snack shopping spree.

I got it for 45 Php. The money savvy in me is telling me that it's a bit expensive for a pack of candies.

I think you can buy this candy online for a cheaper price.


Here in the Philippines, Mentos officially came out with this Choco Caramel, together with the other one in Choco White, only recently.

This candy has a caramel colored packaging. Aside from that, the design is almost identical to the original Mentos.


It is made in China.

The list of ingredients is indicated in the packaging, but the nutrition facts is not.


It is a caramel chew with chocolate filling.

It smells like caramel and minty chocolate to me. In actuality, the chocolate filling is not mint-flavored. I just personally can detect the scent of regular mint Mentos in it.

The texture is really smooth. The consistency, though, is not that soft. It is a chew, but a find it a bit on the harder side to chew, especially at first. It only gets softer as it thins out. I personally prefer if it's more on the soft and chewy side. Nice thing is that it's not sticky.


The caramel shell is thick. The chocolate filling is not that much and it is not oozy. I find it really dry.

The taste is a mixture of caramel flavoring, not an actual caramel, and dry chocolate with bland aftertaste. It is weak and unsatisfying for me.

This candy reminds me a lot of the local candies, Lush and Champi. However, I find those two much better and addicting. 

 This is a miss for me and I'm not seeing myself trying the Mentos Choco White anytime soon.

  What do you guys think? Do we share the same sentiment?

Until next time!
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment