Thursday, August 24, 2017

What I Say: MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara


This is the third mascara for this month. Find out if it's as good as the first two!

If you haven't seen them yet, then check out my reviews of  Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof Mascara and ZA Perfect Action Mascara.

Now back to the star of this post, I also got this MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash last Christmas together with the other two mascaras. 

It is available on MAC's website for $18. That's around 900 in Php.

The two-toned blue tube is pretty basic and straightforward. It has nothing but the brand and name of the product.


The only other thing is the sticker on the bottom of the tube. 

The tube has 5.7 g or .20 US oz.


This is how the wand looks. It reminds me a little bit of the wand of Maybelline Great Lash, the classic one, not the Lots of Lashes version.

The brush is slim, petite and efficient. It works even on the corner and bottom lashes. It reaches and coats each of them nicely. It's not messy to work with, since it's rather precise.


The photo above show my lashes natural on one side and curled on the other.


This is how my lashes look with just one coat of this mascara.

It has a thin, lightweight formula that almost reminds me of ZA Perfect Action Mascara. It doesn't make my lashes feel stiff or irritating. On the other hand, it actually feels extremely nourishing and gentle.

As you can see, it effectively lengthens and volumizes my lashes.

This mascara features a carbon black formula, so it's no wonder that it makes my lashes look the blackest of black. 

It definitely defines and enhances my lashes. 

Even though it doesn't strongly hold the curl, at least it doesn't weigh my lashes down too much and back to their natural stick straight state. 

It doesn't flake nor smudge. It's very much safe for sensitive eyes and for contact lens wearers like myself.

There's also no clumping. It separates the lashes nicely.

It is sweat- and humidity-resistant, so it's long-lasting. It actually lasts all day on me.

However, I have to go against the claim of being waterproof. It also has what they claim to be an innovative thermal-sensitive technology. They say that despite being waterproof, it can be removed easily with just warm water. Even so, based on my personal experience, it's extremely easy to wash off even with cold water or just any type water for that matter. I'm also 100% certain that it's not tear proof.

This is not for people who are looking for a real waterproof mascara. If you want a heavy-duty waterproof one, go for Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof Mascara instead. That one won't disappoint in any aspect.

But I have to say that the only drawback of this MAC mascara is the misleading waterproof claim on the site.

I still believe MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara is a great everyday mascara. It perfectly suits the ones who love gentle and non-waterproof mascaras.

No comments:

Post a Comment